Netherlands to close up to 3,000 farms to comply with EU rules

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Netherlands to close up to 3,000 farms to comply with EU rules

Post by Kammekor »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:02 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:51 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:48 pm That’s a big reduction in the meat supply. What ever happens when there is an abrupt shortage and not enough the meat demand?

Either prices will climb and hurt the most vulnerable.

Or hoarding will occur. Or both.

Of course the government could start rationing pigs, chickens, etc. and hand out ration cards … like during the war.

Most of their meat is for export - so I doubt there will be any need for ration cards unless there's another pan-European war

The producers will doubtless move elsewhere
Perhaps the Dutch won't have shortages but what about those folks who import these meats ?

These carbon targets are being accepted across the western world ... Where exactly is a Dutch milk producer, his multi million dollar automated barn and 200 head herd of milkers supposed to go ?
This is not about carbon.

A milk producer with 200 cows is not what they're aiming for. They're aiming for multi thousand pig farms, sending the pigs to Italy to make Parma ham.

Of course the production will move, and rightly so. The production is simply too intensive for a small densely populated country like the Netherlands. The Netherlands are the second exporter of agricultural products in the world, number 134 in size. Please take a look at the world map and ask yourself how realistic that is in the long term.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:18 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:48 pm That’s a big reduction in the meat supply. What ever happens when there is an abrupt shortage and not enough the meat demand?

Of course the government could start rationing pigs, chickens, etc. and hand out ration cards … like during the war.

Most of their meat is for export - so I doubt there will be any need for ration cards unless there's another pan-European war

Perhaps the Dutch won't have shortages but what about those folks who import these meats ?

These carbon targets are being accepted across the western world ... Where exactly is a Dutch milk producer, his multi million dollar automated barn and 200 head herd of milkers supposed to go ?

A milk producer with 200 cows is not what they're aiming for. They're aiming for multi thousand pig farms, sending the pigs to Italy to make Parma ham.

Of course the production will move, and rightly so. The production is simply too intensive for a small densely populated country like the Netherlands. The Netherlands are the second exporter of agricultural products in the world, number 134 in size. Please take a look at the world map and ask yourself how realistic that is in the long term.
It must be hard already knowing everything about everything ..... Just because and here I’m guessing, you’ve no previous knowledge of Agenda 2030 you summarily dismiss it ... and then dismiss my hypothetical farm scenario ..... Both of which you could have spent 5 minutes researching and see I’m not merely talking out my ass .....

Against my better judgement I’ll provide you with one of many many news articles about what going on over there ... and sorry to tell you, it’s all based on the governments determination to achieve ‘climate change’ emissions targets by , yep you guessed it ... 2030 .... quelle surprise .... ( in my heart of hearts I know you’ll read nothing)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/20/worl ... tests.html

This is a story of a Dutch farmer with only 120 cows but hey, stick to your belief it’s all about mega pig farms. The goal is a 50% reduction in meat producing country wide .... I’m sure Gates investments in bug production as a food product and endorsement from Klaus Schwab is just a coincidence. Canadian farmers are also under attack and as far as I can tell US government policy is also becoming more and more anti farmer.

Not all of us are unable to keep an eye on more than one ball in the air at a time.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

You gotta subscribe to read the article,
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:21 pm

It must be hard already knowing everything about everything .....
At least I know carbon isn't the issue here.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

atst wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:27 pm You gotta subscribe to read the article,
Nope ...click on the link I provided
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:52 pm

It must be hard already knowing everything about everything .....
At least I know carbon isn't the issue here.
As I said, you wouldn’t read anything that might actually inform you of something outside your own imagination.

If you knew twice as much as you actually do you still wouldn’t know half as much as you think you do ....

You are so consistently wrong on so many different subjects I long ago promised myself I wouldn’t get drawn into your delusions.... I’ve got to get back and fulfill that promise to myself .... ciao
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Most of the European agricultural "protests" are led by big industrial farming and agriculture food companies, who simply don't want to pay to clean up the pollution they create with their intensive structures. In Europe and elsewhere, the agricultural pollution is seeping into the water tables, and it is also washing down the rivers and out to sea, causing coastal pollution. Everyone is paying for this.

There was a previous discussion here on the same topic a few months ago (Dutch/European farmers protesting pollution costs). I haven't changed my opinion since then. Pay up to clean up your shit, you guys.
Re: Dutch Farmers Protest Getting Wild
Post by Anchor Moy » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:11 am
Shame. The people who are protesting are not small farmers, but belong to big industrial farmers unions. The intensive farmers who are polluting the water tables are protesting against environmental rules, because they are being told that from now on "user pays".
Farmers need to face up to the facts. Waste and run-off from intensive farming in Europe pollutes the rivers, and is also seeping into the water tables underground, polluting drinking water for the general population. Surely those who have caused the problem should accept responsibility and pay for it ?
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Ecosystem
post553383.html#p553383
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:42 pm
atst wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:27 pm You gotta subscribe to read the article,
Nope ...click on the link I provided
There's a free article limit. if you reach your free article limit you have to subscribe to read the article.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

It must be hard already knowing everything about everything ..... Just because and here I’m guessing, you’ve no previous knowledge of Agenda 2030 you summarily dismiss it ... and then dismiss my hypothetical farm scenario ..... Both of which you could have spent 5 minutes researching and see I’m not merely talking out my ass .....

Against my better judgement I’ll provide you with one of many many news articles about what going on over there ... and sorry to tell you, it’s all based on the governments determination to achieve ‘climate change’ emissions targets by , yep you guessed it ... 2030 .... quelle surprise .... ( in my heart of hearts I know you’ll read nothing)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/20/worl ... tests.html

This is a story of a Dutch farmer with only 120 cows but hey, stick to your belief it’s all about mega pig farms. The goal is a 50% reduction in meat producing country wide .... I’m sure Gates investments in bug production as a food product and endorsement from Klaus Schwab is just a coincidence. Canadian farmers are also under attack and as far as I can tell US government policy is also becoming more and more anti farmer.

Not all of us are unable to keep an eye on more than one ball in the air at a time.
I was only able to read the headline and first sentence in the link you provided and I'm not going to subscribe, but that first sentence says "Goal of cutting nitrogen emissions in half by 2030 have caused an uproar in the Netherlands".

As others here have pointed out, this isn't about carbon emissions, it's about nitrogen, and it has been talked about here before.

When there's a group of people in a hot tub and people piss in the tub, it gets icky and so they decide to make a rule to stop pissing in the communal tub. In this case the group of people is the EU, the tub is the ocean/water environment they all share and the piddler is the Netherlands.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:50 pm
As I said, you wouldn’t read anything that might actually inform you of something outside your own imagination.

If you knew twice as much as you actually do you still wouldn’t know half as much as you think you do ....

You are so consistently wrong on so many different subjects I long ago promised myself I wouldn’t get drawn into your delusions.... I’ve got to get back and fulfill that promise to myself .... ciao
Well, you also said the article isn't pay walled. It is. So I could not read it.

For those interested here's a website from the WUR (Wageningen University & Research), one of the leading universities on this subject in the world. It's for everyone to read, for you too, and it will explain to you carbon has nothing to do with it, and so does 'agenda 2030'.

https://www.wur.nl/en/dossiers/file/nitrogen.htm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic