Air Fryer

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Air Fryer

Post by Doc67 »

Ong Tay wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:52 pm I bought into their popularity earlier this year and purchased one with the hope that it would lead to cooking at home more frequently. That hasn't quite been the case. It works well enough for frozen fries and other frozen foods, but I've yet to get good results for a pork chop (or at least any results that are easier/better than more traditional alternative methods of cooking).

Not a total waste of money, but probably could have continued doing without one...
Any meat like pork chop or steak will always be better in a pan with a little oil, butter and seasoning. You can check it with a temperature probe and give it a poke now and then. Much better than the oven.

I just cooked a whole chicken and yet again the inner breast where it meets the bone was raw while everything else is cooked. It needed removing and putting back in the oven for a further 5 minutes.

In future I will joint the chicken first to prevent this.

However, re-heated roast potatoes, even yesterdays, are resurrected like it was Easter.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

I do pork belly & stand them up against each other so the rinds crisp (on foil).
Only ever done butterflied chicken, then add onions to the juice in the bottom of the bowl as gravy :good:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I do loads of different types of prepped chicken goujons and veggies/wedges which I freeze and the kids can heat them up in the fryer if they are hungry without bothering me or their mum
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic