Looking for a few places in Phnom Penh

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Kumquat
Tourist
Germany

Looking for a few places in Phnom Penh

Post by Kumquat »

Hi everyone! I have been in Cambodia almost 4 years ago. Used to life an work here but a lot of things have changed :o
So I have a few questions and it would be great to get some help.

1. Few years ago I have been to a place with some people where you could fish and bbq at the same time. It was kind of artificial fishing pond picnic place. Everybody had a small wooden porch and you could order or bring your own foods. I think it was located south, outside of Phnom Penh. Does anybody know the place or if it still exists?

2. I am looking for reliable and good leather craftsman or even better a place where I can get some custom leather watch straps made. Not on a big scale just a few for myself. some lady recommended a small market between airport and hospital :sorry:

3. One night a driver showed me a kind of wholesale market outside phnom penh. He explained to me that at this place most of the goods from the farms and country sides arrive. It was around 4 o’clock in the morning and very busy. The amounts of goods and the “logistics” have been stunning.

Thanks for the help :mulled:
Maybe this world is another planet’s hell.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Looking for a few places in Phnom Penh

Post by Darkcel »

Many such places for number 3 Doeurm kor market is probably the closest place in Phnom Penh though, no idea on a bigger place outside the city
Kumquat
Tourist
Germany

Post by Kumquat »

Darkcel wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:38 am Many such places for number 3 Doeurm kor market is probably the closest place in Phnom Penh though, no idea on a bigger place outside the city
Thanks for the reply! I will check it out.
teamnag
Tourist
Philippines

Post by teamnag »

On number 1. Try Samathi Resort, somewhere at Sen Sok. Probably a few meters from Aeon Mall Sen Sok.
Kumquat
Tourist
Germany

Post by Kumquat »

Thanks for the help!

1. The fishing BBQ place is closed. According to the locals its not open anymore and used to be south east of Phnom Penh. Right before the Tiger Heineken Brewery you had to turn left. If i got them right they said there is no more water for them to keep the fish for fishing and they closed the place.

2. I found a leather craftsman. Affordable and reliable! The guy was super friendly and did great work. You can choose hand stitched or machine sewed, leather, color, shape.. etc..

Its a small shop on the corner of Street 172 and Street 19

3. Doerum Market was exactly the place I had been looking for!
Last edited by Kumquat on Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
eliocristianelli
Tourist
Belgium

Post by eliocristianelli »

Hi Kumquat,

I (we) are also interested in some places near phnom penh. Frog farm maybe? We've met in Battambang but my phone got broken. Please contact me, I can't send pm yet on ceo. Ciao
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic