Urinary Tract Infection

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Urinary Tract Infection

Post by Newinkow »

Need advice and recommendations from members.

I think my girlfriend has an Urinary Tract Infection. I have just arrived back in PP on the 9th. She been complaining about frequent urges to urinate but can only urinate small amount. She also said "hot" when she goes. Which I take to mean a burning sensation. Also complaining about back pains. She been having this issue for about 4 to 5 weeks now.

She been going to see a local doctor for treatments. All he does is put her on an IV drip. I assume with antibiotics. I asked if he did any test or lab work. She said no. All she did was tell him her problems.

She been also drinking this "kidney cleansing green tea" (at $20 for like a dozen tea bags) and drinking a brew of water and cilantro. I try tell her that the tea and brew is not going to help and that the local doctor is crap. But like a typical Khmer she replies back "you barring you no understand".

Enough of this BS. I want to take her to a proper foreign train doctor for a full examination before it gets worst. Preferably one that can speak English. Does any one know of a good doctor, clinic or hospital I can take her to.

Thanks in advance
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Urinary Tract Infection

Post by Doc67 »

Newinkow wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:52 pm Need advice and recommendations from members.

I think my girlfriend has an Urinary Tract Infection. I have just arrived back in PP on the 9th. She been complaining about frequent urges to urinate but can only urinate small amount. She also said "hot" when she goes. Which I take to mean a burning sensation. Also complaining about back pains. She been having this issue for about 4 to 5 weeks now.

She been going to see a local doctor for treatments. All he does is put her on an IV drip. I assume with antibiotics. I asked if he did any test or lab work. She said no. All she did was tell him her problems.

She been also drinking this "kidney cleansing green tea" (at $20 for like a dozen tea bags) and drinking a brew of water and cilantro. I try tell her that the tea and brew is not going to help and that the local doctor is crap. But like a typical Khmer she replies back "you barring you no understand".

Enough of this BS. I want to take her to a proper foreign train doctor for a full examination before it gets worst. Preferably one that can speak English. Does any one know of a good doctor, clinic or hospital I can take her to.

Thanks in advance
Dr Julie Thongsavanne at Procare on street 63. They have a French gyno too, another woman. All French trained and REAL doctors.

https://procarecambodia.com/doctors/laure-fretin/
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Doxycycline 100mg twice daily after food.

You’re welcome.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

If you're able to give it a day or two, try cranberry juice and I mean a lot of cranberry juice
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Newinkow wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:52 pm Need advice and recommendations from members.

Thanks in advance
You could start by getting some tests done at Paramed, test for UTI and for diabetes. Then when you arrive at the doctors, the doctor can usually proceed straight to prescribing. Or you can even google and prescribe yourself.
The clinics and pharamcies are not doing her any favours obviously.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Take care. If it moves to be kidney infection quick action needs to be taken. Signs may be nausea and a fever/shivering
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

mannanman wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:38 pm Doxycycline 100mg twice daily after food.

You’re welcome.
Priceless this.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:40 pm

You could start by getting some tests done at Paramed, test for UTI and for diabetes. Then when you arrive at the doctors, the doctor can usually proceed straight to prescribing. Or you can even google and prescribe yourself.
The clinics and pharamcies are not doing her any favours obviously.
Or you could buy a dipstick at one of the larger pharmacies to do a urine test yourself. If it's not a simple UTI see a good doc because the kidneys might be involved. If it's a simple UTI google for 'first line antibiotics uti' and try one of those. The antibiotic mentioned above isn't on that list by the way.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I think my girlfriend has an Urinary Tract Infection

I want to take her to a proper foreign train doctor for a full examination before it gets worst.

You lot are hilarious. He asked for a proper trained doctor. You all accepted without question his very uncertain diagnosis and started prescribing.

@Newinkow you have the name of a real doctor, go see her. It costs $60.

Let us know if your diagnosis was correct.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:06 pm
I think my girlfriend has an Urinary Tract Infection

I want to take her to a proper foreign train doctor for a full examination before it gets worst.

You lot are hilarious. He asked for a proper trained doctor. You all accepted without question his very uncertain diagnosis and started prescribing.

@Newinkow you have the name of a real doctor, go see her. It costs $60.

Let us know if your diagnosis was correct.
ProCare are good, Intercare are good, but both will send a urine sample to a lab, or run a dipstick test, before proceeding. Bringing a urine test result will speed things up if it's indeed an infection of the urinary tract.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic