Man Jumps From Phnom Penh Condo Roof

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Jumps From Phnom Penh Condo Roof

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On the morning of 22 November 2022, a man jumped to his death at 10.10 am from the Bliss Mekong condominium building on Concrete Road, Village 3, Sangkat Chroy Changva, Khan Chroy Changva, Phnom Penh. He was identified as 44-year-old La Kimsong, living on the 5th floor of the condo.
The security guard at the scene said that he heard the sound of the body hitting the ground in some wasteland on the north side of the building, and he went to investigate, but it was too late.
ImageImage
According to the condo owner's security cameras, the man was seen walking up to the roof and removing his shoes before jumping from the equivalent of the 13th floor of the building. The reason for the fatal act remains unknown.
The district and municipal police inspected the body and have handed it over to the family for traditional funeral rites.
ImageImageImageImageImage
RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Man Jumps From Phnom Penh Condo Roof

Post by Ghostwriter »

Is it a thing to remove your shoes on the doorstep to paradise / hell ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't know but the suiciders jumping off the bridges usually take off their shoes too.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

RIP to that guy.

Re the shoe thing. It's definitely an Asian thing and is linked to the afterlife, politeness and leaving the world as you came in, often people remove all or most of their clothing too.
People of the world, spice up your life.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

All very well being polite, taking your shoes off, but what about all the poor people who witness or have to clean up the mess afterwards ?
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

jaynewcastle wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:05 pm All very well being polite, taking your shoes off, but what about all the poor people who witness or have to clean up the mess afterwards ?
Suicidal people think they’re doing everyone a favour. Better off dead.

You’re lucky you need to educate yourself on such matters voluntarily. People who’ve had loved ones do this don’t have a choice.
People of the world, spice up your life.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

At least it was a decent hight building.
There's a 4 floor multistorey carpark near me that was a magnet for jumpers. It just wasn't high enough to guarantee to do the job. Lots of people ended up maimed for life. Thank god they knocked it down.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Call me selfish, but I wouldn't want to be hit by one, shoes or not.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

From a standing start, I am surprised he cleared the car park, the spiked railings and landed 10 feet the other side.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:15 am From a standing start, I am surprised he cleared the car park, the spiked railings and landed 10 feet the other side.
a favorable tail wind perhaps
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic