Any Cambodians or Community living in Miami?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Babydoll
Tourist

Any Cambodians or Community living in Miami?

Post by Babydoll »

I live in Miami and was wondering if there are any Cambodian's living in Miami or if there is a community that I can go to? Just anything would be good.

Please help me. Thank you
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Any Cambodians or Community living in Miami?

Post by Sailorman »

I don't know about Miami, but there are about 20,000 Cambodians living in Long Beach, California, and I believe over 10,000 living in Lowell, Mass. There is probably Cambodian media with web sites/email address in each city you might try. They probably have a rundown on a population in Miami.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Check the donut shops.
Using Tapatalk
wasabi
Expatriate

Post by wasabi »

There is a small Cambodian community in Tampa and also in Jacksonville, so probably should be some around Florida - sorry can't be definitive though! But the suggestion to check the donut shops is a good one!
khmer sruol rien
Tourist

Post by khmer sruol rien »

Sailorman wrote: I believe over 10,000 living in Lowell, Mass.
That's just bizarre. I am working for the next couple weeks just outside Lowell(a place I'd never heard of before).
Babydoll
Tourist

Post by Babydoll »

Thank you everyone for the help. I feel so lonely and lost here in Miami since I've just started living here. Just want to know the life here and everything else. Its hard when your a first timer, but thanks again for everyone help. If you guys know any details or anything else please let me know. I love the information.
sure
Expatriate

Post by sure »

i meet a nice Khmer lady on a silk-air flight into Phnom Penh who lives in Florida.. it could have even been you.. haha

said she hadn't been back to Cambodia in 7 years
BongTy
Tourist

Post by BongTy »

Babydoll wrote:I live in Miami and was wondering if there are any Cambodian's living in Miami or if there is a community that I can go to? Just anything would be good.

Please help me. Thank you
My wife, kids and I live in Fort Lauderdale. There are no Khmer that we have met here. But we have heard of some.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

TonyFtLauderdale
Tourist

Post by TonyFtLauderdale »

There are not many khmer in SFlorida. As mentioned above kissimee has a small community and there is a fairly large community in Jacksonville. The closest large community is probably in the Richmond VA area. Went to my GFs sisters HS graduation and must have been near 80 % Cambdian students.
Boca has a fairly large Thai populaion but I have met some Cambodians there and in Margate but no real community.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic