Top 30 Bar Awards Coming to Cambodia

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Buck
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Top 30 Bar Awards Coming to Cambodia

Post by Buck »

I believe the “ Le Moon Rooftop Bar “ is a block away from Harry’s walking towards the Royal Palace, if one wished to take a stroll and check it out during halftime.

Just my .02.

B
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Long After Dark is pretty good. Surprised Hops didn’t make it. Score bar. Botanico
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:42 pm Long After Dark is pretty good. Surprised Hops didn’t make it. Score bar. Botanico
I’m surprised you included Score Bar. It’s not really in the same class as all the others.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:42 pm Long After Dark is pretty good. Surprised Hops didn’t make it. Score bar. Botanico
Hops is overpriced, score is a sports bar so not really the same.

Beer at botanico is terrible these days, was always inconsistent. Now consistently bad
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

cautious colin wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:52 pm Beer at botanico is terrible these days, was always inconsistent. Now consistently bad
I was there recently and the one "pint" (500 ml) I had made me feel ill for hours.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I think this is one of those "awards" where businesses pay to be in the "competition"

Clever business model really. Not a million miles away from "the most beautiful bays in the world" organizational structure
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:09 am
cautious colin wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:52 pm Beer at botanico is terrible these days, was always inconsistent. Now consistently bad
I was there recently and the one "pint" (500 ml) I had made me feel ill for hours.
It's why I don't like to drink all these newfangled poofy ipas and other hooch produced by inexperienced 30 something piss heads here recently - just never know what the next day will be like
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:51 am
I think this is one of those "awards" where businesses pay to be in the "competition"

Clever business model really. Not a million miles away from "the most beautiful bays in the world" organizational structure
I would assume the same

even with paying, I am not sure those 3 would make the list. they are more like 'pub-type bars' than bars anyway.

There seemed to be more of a focus on cocktail bars than 'craft beer' or sports bars
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic