Anything in Pattaya of interest to LONG-term S.E.A. expats?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Anything in Pattaya of interest to LONG-term S.E.A. expats?

Post by cabron »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:31 am 1.
people are fleeing from problems in their home countries to come here
over 24,000 Russians this month traveled to phuket
1 + 2 = 100% male conscript avoiders? :whip: :stir:
Russky escaping Great Mother Russia that's ashamed.
Boredom is like a shroud
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:04 pm
They'd have the best looking army if the Russian women I'm seeing in Pattaya were conscripted.
Catch one if you can. Send pics.
work is for people who cant find truffles
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

I’d like to add to my comment about the Russians in, well anywhere, let’s be honest, and I mentioned it to my Russian friend.
His comment was along the lines of the Russians have had a bad reputation for years all over the world for being trouble makers, drunk, rude etc etc and since Ukraine war it’s got a whole lot worse. He said there’s no way it’ll be back to the good ole days pre war. We are the bad guys again.

He said well now be the bad guys in all Hollywood movies and he was happy that the British had a brief stint of that role.

He actually tells people he’s Ukraine, mother is Ukrainian father Russian, and he lived there since a child, but he was born in Russia.

Won’t be easy for them.
People of the world, spice up your life.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Interesting that the cops say it is to protect Thai as well as falang tourists.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/ea ... n-tourists

Police target Pattaya transgenders preying on tourists

Tourist police have begun a campaign to prevent transgender people preying on tourists along Pattaya beaches ahead of the high season for tourism.

The campaign started at 10pm on Tuesday at Walking Street in South Pattaya, with patrols of tourist police and volunteers scouring Pattaya beaches for transgender people.

The patrols round up 36 people. Their personal information was taken and put on record. They were then warned against gathering in groups along the beaches and tourist spots to target tourists with aggressive offers of sex services and committing other crimes.

Police said the campaign was intended to protect both Thai and foreign tourists against being assaulted and robbed.

The patrols would be deployed on a daily basis, and legal action would be taken against those found defying the warning, police said.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic