Anything in Pattaya of interest to LONG-term S.E.A. expats?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Anything in Pattaya of interest to LONG-term S.E.A. expats?

Post by phuketrichard »

ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:10 am ^^^ Got a laugh out of the headshot photo. But I call fake. Heads look too much the same, red bald skin patch in same place, three or four of them lean exactly the same way, same haircuts.

Having done something close to 200 return trips BKK-Pats since early 2010s, I've never been on an inter-city bus with those crappy seats. In fact, the bus looks like a Bangkok local street bus.
LOL: yea but it plays to the people that think this is a typical Pattaya visitor :plus1:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

do they have left hand drive busses in thailand?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

sigmoid wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:26 pm What might you recommend in Pattaya for those who "have been there, done that" throughout Southeast Asia and other parts of the planet for several decades and are more than a wee bit jaded and world-weary (not really a tourist)? 8)

Is there anything, or is it all beer bars, geezers, tattoos, ladyboys, Issan girls, ear-splitting discotheques, shopping malls, traffic, air pollution. tourist food, over-priced accommodation, massage parlours, empty Indian restaurants, kind of lousy beach, etc.? :chin:
(which I'm sure is all pretty impressive and great if you're escaping winter in Europe or North America)

Thanks much for any info, real or imaginary. :thumb:
Have your worries about an imminent revolution receded ? Can't believe someone who was continually telling expats on here to leave is now considering returning.
What has changed your negative outlook on Thailand ?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

atst wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:59 am do they have left hand drive busses in thailand?
Ha! I missed that in the photo. I've never seen a left-hand drive bus here.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:19 pm
sigmoid wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:26 pm What might you recommend in Pattaya for those who "have been there, done that" throughout Southeast Asia and other parts of the planet for several decades and are more than a wee bit jaded and world-weary (not really a tourist)? 8)

Is there anything, or is it all beer bars, geezers, tattoos, ladyboys, Issan girls, ear-splitting discotheques, shopping malls, traffic, air pollution. tourist food, over-priced accommodation, massage parlours, empty Indian restaurants, kind of lousy beach, etc.? :chin:
(which I'm sure is all pretty impressive and great if you're escaping winter in Europe or North America)

Thanks much for any info, real or imaginary. :thumb:
Have your worries about an imminent revolution receded ? Can't believe someone who was continually telling expats on here to leave is now considering returning.
What has changed your negative outlook on Thailand ?
Looking for a reason to go back to Pattaya :Yahoo!:
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:34 am FYI: just north of Patttaya beach is Naklua, nice place to stay
Back in '84 lived in Bang Lamung on the sea front, the whole area has changed so much but still people love it or hate it ( mostly those that have never been)
yeah i love Naklua its where my past 2 apartments have been, the first one was right up near the fish market, great area
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:36 am
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:34 am FYI: just north of Patttaya beach is Naklua, nice place to stay
Back in '84 lived in Bang Lamung on the sea front, the whole area has changed so much but still people love it or hate it ( mostly those that have never been)
yeah i love Naklua its where my past 2 apartments have been, the first one was right up near the fish market, great area
I used to enjoy heading over there for the day, grabbing some food and drink from the market to have in the little park area. Now they concreted over the park and built a car park, one of the few areas of greenery in the town now gone. thumbdown
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

There's a nice little beach down 18st went there years ago great then again just before covid went there, it was crowded with old Russians and old fat women in bikinis enough to put me off my lunch.
It might be good again with less crowds
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:49 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:36 am
I used to enjoy heading over there for the day, grabbing some food and drink from the market to have in the little park area. Now they concreted over the park and built a car park, one of the few areas of greenery in the town now gone. thumbdown
ahhh thats terrible news, it was nice to chill in that park, that sucks
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I heard it has some fantastic history and is known as a cultural hub throughout the region.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic