Things take a turn for the worst..missiles land on Poland

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Things take a turn for the worst russian missiles land on Poland

Post by ItWasntMe »

xandreu wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:29 am Joe Biden now saying it's unlikely that the missile was fired from Russia. Which leaves a couple of explanations...

Either it was fired from Russia but by saying that it wasn't, it avoids NATO having to generate some sort of response which will inevitably escalate the war to extremely dangerous levels.

Or, the missile was fired by the Ukrainians in the hope that the rest of the world will blame Russia, which will bring NATO further into the conflict, inevitably benefitting Ukraine immensely. If it turns out that this is the case, where will that leave Ukraine? Will the world see it as a dirty tactic by Ukraine to essentially trick the west into getting more involved?

Or is there another agent at play?

Strange times indeed...
Or the missiles was fired BY Russia but not FROM Russia, think airspace or occupied territories. I think it's bit too early to draw any conclusions from what's being said. Obviously they are cautious about the language used right now before everyone has compared notes and decided what's next.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

They are Ukranian, many reliable sources say

However propaganda will have it's way and we will never know the truth

All that actually matters is that NATO keep their shit in check and the unfortunate farmer

But shit like this happens in every conflict on all sides

Is inevitable that there's collateral damage
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:32 pm They are Ukranian, many reliable sources say

All that actually matters is that NATO keep their shit in check and the unfortunate farmer

There has been collateral damage since the beginning of the war. Most of it deliberate. The difference is that, until now, it was contained within Ukraine.

The fact it has now leaked over into NATO territory, the very territory Biden has said from the beginning that every inch will be defended, has the potential to change the game significantly.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

In German media it is now reported that it was a Ukrainian anti-aircraft missile.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

xandreu wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:39 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:32 pm They are Ukranian, many reliable sources say

There has been collateral damage since the beginning of the war. Most of it deliberate. The difference is that, until now, it was contained within Ukraine.

The fact it has now leaked over into NATO territory, the very territory Biden has said from the beginning that every inch will be defended, has the potential to change the game significantly.
Yes - hence my comment
All that actually matters is that NATO keep their shit in check
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

If a mod could reword my initial topic title to something a little less "Russia to blame' It would be very much appreciated.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

This incident illustrates that any news we get about this sad conflict is primarily driven by Western anti-Russian bias, and the only time we hear from a Russian spokeperson they are usually characterised as speaking on behalf of the evil, monstrous, proto-satanic Putin, cast as virtually a new Hitler with nasty intent towards our dear democracy and lifestyles. I am not saying this is anywhere near the truth or not, but its like listening to an Adele song about a break-up -we are only getting one side of the story. In this case Zelenski has been caught out in a direct lie (see his comments on this incident) and it makes me wonder, as Robert Plant sang in Stairway.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

hdgh29 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:37 pm This incident illustrates that any news we get about this sad conflict is primarily driven by Western anti-Russian bias, and the only time we hear from a Russian spokeperson they are usually characterised as speaking on behalf of the evil, monstrous, proto-satanic Putin, cast as virtually a new Hitler with nasty intent towards our dear democracy and lifestyles. I am not saying this is anywhere near the truth or not, but its like listening to an Adele song about a break-up -we are only getting one side of the story. In this case Zelenski has been caught out in a direct lie (see his comments on this incident) and it makes me wonder, as Robert Plant sang in Stairway.
It's not like the Russians haven't earned the scrutiny.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

hdgh29 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:37 pm This incident illustrates that any news we get about this sad conflict is primarily driven by Western anti-Russian bias, and the only time we hear from a Russian spokeperson they are usually characterised as speaking on behalf of the evil, monstrous, proto-satanic Putin, cast as virtually a new Hitler with nasty intent towards our dear democracy and lifestyles. I am not saying this is anywhere near the truth or not, but its like listening to an Adele song about a break-up -we are only getting one side of the story. In this case Zelenski has been caught out in a direct lie (see his comments on this incident) and it makes me wonder, as Robert Plant sang in Stairway.
Putin is evil & monstrous!
One is defending themselves from a dictating invader who is bringing the world to verge of extinction & the other is defending themselves from the possible encroachment of NATO & the defense of fellow country men/women/persons who live in another country.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic