RIP Chris Bean

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RIP Chris Bean

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

La Quenta wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:40 pm Is it weird that his girlfriend puts a RIP post up on her wall, then 2 hours later is trying to flog off jewelry and shoes?

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074643774113

Seems brutally cold to me.
its not her jewelry shes just shared a post from a group
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

RIP Chris, you was a great man and such a pleasant human being and a lovely friend
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

RIP man.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

violet wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:10 pm
La Quenta wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:38 pm
violet wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:52 pm
La Quenta wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:40 pm Is it weird that his girlfriend puts a RIP post up on her wall, then 2 hours later is trying to flog off jewelry and shoes?

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074643774113

Seems brutally cold to me.
Did you know him?
I didn’t even know him beyond passing interactions and observing him via Facebook (by chance not intentionally), and I know that given the circumstances it is not remotely weird?

What’s your interest? Perhaps you are concerned a person may need financial assistance after the sudden and awful death of their partner. If so, buy a few items, pay more than they are worth, and let them keep the items to sell again. That will show humanity rather than gossipy shit stirring prat.
My post wasn't meant to cause offense.

I'm sorry if it was taken that way.

It was just an observation. I'm a relative newcomer to Khmer culture.
Fair enough. My response is something I hope you will remember and will be the beginning of your eyes opening to how much Cambodia can teach you.

He's forgotten it already

May you begin to have your cultural shackles crumble.

WTF are you talking about?

May you soon interpret behaviours with a knowledge of what life is like for many you walk among.

Cambodia is a great teacher if you open yourself to questioning how and why; if you pause when you process information - question why you interpret things as you initially do - open yourself to learning that your interpretations and conclusions are a product of what you have experienced, and what you have experienced has been limited.

One of the things I love about Cambodia (with a passion) is that it can be hard to walk through life on auto pilot - it challenges you all the time to see things differently, to learn to be outside of your conditioning. Enjoy!!
Oh, give it a rest with your nauseating virtue signalling. He made a mistake. He apologised. End of story.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

@Doc67

Give it a rest yourself you moaner. That was not virtue signalling. No point clarifying. Think what you like.

I see many took my reply to the apology different to my intent. It was not meant to be condescending in the slightest. Apologies to the individual if they took it as such.

The rest of you - whatevers
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

I wouldnt say I knew him, but I met him a few times at the Villa Grange BBQs. he was a nice chap and a decent guy to have a yarn and a couple of beers with. Like many long term expats I know he had been away from home too long to qualify for a pension, so ongoing employment was always a struggle for him.
" I dont care where they bury me, I'll be home and I'll be free,
I dont care where my body lay, all my tears be washed away".
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

RIP,

Was introduced to him many years ago by another lost friend.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:35 pm I recognize him from this photo but didn't know him. Who's the waitress in this photo? I remember her from somewhere, maybe Garage or Red Fox? She's always been very pleasant.

she was chrisses grilfriend a couple of years ago, i would say in 2017-2018 or so, when she worked at Sharkeys

later i met her in one of the bars in frons of secrets on 136, i think in coldstone bar or something like that,

she was nice girl and had a special smile, but forget her name . . .
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

googled obituary chris bean phnom penh
nothing . i wonder why ?
it brought me back here
was curious about his age ( how old )
if thats not too morbid
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Hayden
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by Hayden »

Bongmab69 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:29 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:35 pm I recognize him from this photo but didn't know him. Who's the waitress in this photo? I remember her from somewhere, maybe Garage or Red Fox? She's always been very pleasant.

she was chrisses grilfriend a couple of years ago, i would say in 2017-2018 or so, when she worked at Sharkeys

later i met her in one of the bars in frons of secrets on 136, i think in coldstone bar or something like that,

she was nice girl and had a special smile, but forget her name . . .
Narry is her name
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic