What the hell is going on at Garage Bar?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Hardtime
Tourist
Austria

Re: What the hell is going on at Garage Bar?

Post by Hardtime »

Grand Barong wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:02 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:39 pm
Ot Mean Loi wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:55 pm And for those that like their official statistics, there were 2,517 Cambodian students studying in Australia immediately prior to Covid and international border closures.

And I happen to know one of them quite well and who has completed a bachelor of education in Australia and is now in the second year of her Master's of Education at the University of Western Sydney. There were, to my knowledge, five other Khmers at the same university.

And now, under the current government and proposed changes to Australia's immigration laws, holding an Australian Degree, especially a higher degree, is about to become a pathway to Permanent Residency which, in turn, is a pathway to Australian Citizenship.

So very good luck to the young woman from the Garage Bar.

Source: https://internationaleducation.gov.au/r ... umber.aspx

OML
I know the regular khmer girl gets horny only thinking about aussi-citizenship.
But are here non-aussies or khmers they get also horny about it ??
I know a lot who dont give a shit, if i was offered, i would denie, but ofcourse i come from a small poor european country with shit beer and chocolat (to eat) !! ??

Don't give a shit about Aussie citizenship? Would deny it if offered to you?

You Forget the what the Aussie Diggers sacrificed for Belgium in WW1?
Either you have No Respect or you don't know your own countries history or both.

In the course of the First World War, five major battles were fought around the Belgian town of Ypres. All five Australian divisions took part in the Third Battle of Ypres, which was in fact a series of battles culminating in the Battles of Passchendaele.
Over 38,000 Australians were killed or wounded in the Ypres battles. The stone lions that marked the Menin Gate in the Ypres ramparts during the war now flank the entrance hall at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra.
It's hilarious that you believe that empty headed flag waving nonsense, Australia should have hade no part in that war.
RONEV
Expatriate

Post by RONEV »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:53 am Just common sense and good planning to paint ceilings, walls and renew floor tiles that have not been touched in 16 years, and to be done during the low season. It's not a job that can be done in a day or two . Going to take a full week to scrape off all the nicotine and THC of the ceiling and walls before a layer of paint will stick on.
Agreed. It makes a lot more sense for Garage to do the renovations during the low season when the bar sells about two beers a night, and not during the high season when it sells more like three beers a night.
BaltimoreJack
Expatriate

Post by BaltimoreJack »

The landlord of Garage Bar's building is saying in the "Hostess Bars" thread that Garage will reopen as a "hair dressing saloon."

That's a great concept really. Cowboys like to look pretty.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic