New Australian Vegemite Clothing and Accessories

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: New Australian Vegemite Clothing and Accessories

Post by mannanman »

Copied Greggs who did it last year.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

My excuses if this is old cooking news, but I'm a newbie to Vegemite cuisine. :mrgreen:
Btw - what's "Vegemite Squeezy" ? Vegemite in a tube ?

Classic roast potatoes get a delicious twist with the addition of melted butter and Vegemite - they’ll be a new family favourite.

6 Ingredients
4 Method Steps

12 chat potatoes
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
25g butter, melted
2 tsp Vegemite Squeezy
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Select all ingredients

Step 1
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a large baking tray with oil.
Step 2
Place potatoes on a plate lined with paper towel. Sprinkle potatoes with a little water and cover with another paper towel. Microwave on High (100%) for 5 to 6 minutes or until just tender.
Step 3
Carefully arrange hot potatoes on prepared tray. Using a potato masher, gently squash each potato. Combine oil, butter and Vegemite in a bowl and whisk until combined. Brush potatoes with Vegemite mixture and season with pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
Step 4
Sprinkle potatoes with garlic. Roast for a further 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden and tender. Sprinkle with chives. Serve.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:27 pm My excuses if this is old cooking news, but I'm a newbie to Vegemite cuisine. :mrgreen:
Btw - what's "Vegemite Squeezy" ? Vegemite in a tube ?
I suspect it is similar to the Marmite squeezy, which is a soft plastic tub with the MM having a slightly thinner consistency to enable it to flow easily.

Apparently, aficionados of Marmite frown on this thinner product as a poor substitute of the original and for people who are too lazy to perfect their technique to remove the last few grams from the inside of a dark glass jar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic