Tips to moving to PP with cats?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Tips to moving to PP with cats?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

violet wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:59 am Cambodia isn’t a great place for cats imho
My dogs kill cats for sport. I don't encourage this and keep them inside my property, but every now and again some dumb pussy wanders in and is dead in minutes, if not seconds
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:15 pm
violet wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:59 am Cambodia isn’t a great place for cats imho
My dogs kill cats for sport. I don't encourage this and keep them inside my property, but every now and again some dumb pussy wanders in and is dead in minutes, if not seconds
What kind of dogs do you have? Most cats here are more dangerous than your average pampered pooch.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:50 pm
What kind of dogs do you have? Most cats here are more dangerous than your average pampered pooch.
Tough mongrels
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Too many dangers in Cambodia to bring a cat into the country...unless you keep it inside your doors ALL time.
work is for people who cant find truffles
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Awful - whether a cat, possum, rabbit, or small dog. But life is not meant to be without awful things.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I agree with the posters who say don’t bring an outdoor cat to PP. My cats are indoor cats so that is quite different.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:50 pm
Most dogs here aren't too pampered. The family had these poodley looking long haired things for years that were vicious as fuck. Like dirty Bichon Frise from hell. The average village dingo dog is not to be messed with either. The place I'm at right now has a couple of Thai Ridgebacks and they are absolute savages who will kill any snake, dog, cat or bird they can get their teeth into.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:19 am
Doc67 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:44 am I smell a rat...
As in.. :mrgreen:

Ok, that was some funny shit.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Have you asked the cats if they want to relocate to a different country?
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Give the cats to good friends before you come over. You'll get over it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic