3 Chinese on Trial for Murder of Kidnap Victim in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: 3 Chinese on Trial for Murder of Kidnap Victim in Sihanoukville

Post by newkidontheblock »

Chinese culturally have a very insular mentality. Family first. Then village. Then town or city. Then government (aka the law). The law comes last. Communism tried to replace family with party first. Screw everyone, because they would do it you at the first opportunity.

If the gangsters are a family, then everyone else is not.

My parents have always told me I couldn’t thrive in a Chinese society. I believe in stuff like rule of law, fairness, and compassion.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

With so many news items on this forum being about Chinese I am now wondering if the C in CEO means Chinese.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Cambodia is a sub-region of China essentially
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

hanno wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:48 am Why are the guns pixelated whilst the ID's are not?
Boredom? Had nothing else to do. Possibly is a fan of of Joseph Heller/Catch-22.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic