Cambodian Demining Experts, CMAC, to Help Train Ukrainians

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Cambodian Demining Experts, CMAC, to Help Train Ukrainians

Post by Albror »

grumpygit wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:45 pm I thought that's why they were trying to round up any male Ukrainians in Europe.

you 4... walk around in that field for an hour.
Dont you think clearing mines laid down by your enemy is quite a vital task in a war where mines are used?

And if you think that every male is drafted to the front line in a war you are just delusional. These guys can save tons of lives once they returned and start digging up AT-mines.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

Albror wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:45 pm
grumpygit wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:45 pm I thought that's why they were trying to round up any male Ukrainians in Europe.

Dont you think clearing mines laid down by your enemy is quite a vital task in a war where mines are used?

And if you think that every male is drafted to the front line in a war you are just delusional. These guys can save tons of lives once they returned and start digging up AT-mines.
What else do you use a draft dodger for?
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

grumpygit wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:58 pm
Albror wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:45 pm

What else do you use a draft dodger for?
Do you have anything to support that they are draft dodgers?

Seems like quite a stupid statement otherwise. Once again you seem to think that in a war you just send every man to the front line but that is not how it works. You also need to keep the country running and prepare for the work after the conflict is over. To demine and let farmers go back to using the land will be vital for Ukraines recovery once the war is over or even just when the front line shifts. Or should they send the widows from the citys to do that?
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

Most got out of Ukraine on medical grounds. Now they are practically out of able bodied men anyone will do.
And that front line isn't going anywhere..it's not moved in A LONG time.

NATO were told not to poke the tiger but they just had too.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

grumpygit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:58 pm NATO were told not to poke the tiger but they just had too.
How exactly did they "poke the tiger"? I don't think you understand what NATO even is.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:46 pm
grumpygit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:58 pm NATO were told not to poke the tiger but they just had too.
How exactly did they "poke the tiger"? I don't think you understand what NATO even is.
Well I know Ukraine is nowhere near the fucking north Atlantic.
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

grumpygit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:59 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:46 pm
Well I know Ukraine is nowhere near the fucking north Atlantic.
I think you just proved JB's point without realising it.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

grumpygit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:58 pm Most got out of Ukraine on medical grounds. Now they are practically out of able bodied men anyone will do.

But why would they go to get educated in removing mines if there were dodgers? That makes no sense. They could just live here and go to the bar to watch sport like most of us if they didnt want to have anything to do with the war or the work that has to be done when its over.

Most likely Ukraine had to use their already trained men to fight the actual war so its wise to at the same time teach less competent men to learn to how to remove mines as they would not do so much difference on the front line anyway. Got to think longer then your nose sticks out.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

Albror wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:18 pm
grumpygit wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:58 pm Most got out of Ukraine on medical grounds. Now they are practically out of able bodied men anyone will do.

But why would they go to get educated in removing mines if there were dodgers? That makes no sense. They could just live here and go to the bar to watch sport like most of us if they didnt want to have anything to do with the war or the work that has to be done when its over.

Most likely Ukraine had to use their already trained men to fight the actual war so its wise to at the same time teach less competent men to learn to how to remove mines as they would not do so much difference on the front line anyway. Got to think longer then your nose sticks out.
The guys who fled Ukraine on medical grounds aren't trained in mine removal.. that's what the Ukrainians are training some of their remaining forces for.

Ukraine is however trying to round up the draft Dodgers because if nothing else they will make good canon fodder.

The using them to clear mines, was a joke that clearly you didn't understand.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ha! What a great joke you make comrade!
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic