Recent business visa on arrival?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Recent business visa on arrival?

Post by Kenr »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:38 pm @Kenr there is no requirement to provide a passport sized pic for Visas on Arrival, that requirement was scrapped several years ago.

You guys need to just hand over the exact change, and always ask for a receipt to avoid getting ripped off. Some people might say "oh, it's only $5, not worth worrying about", but you should see some of these guys houses and vehicles they own to truly understand how many people they are conning out of "only $5", corruption breeds corruption and should not be tolerated or encouraged by bowing down.
I did have the exact change, a $20, a $10, and a $5. Immigration officer told me “$40.00”. I had never read where a picture wasn’t needed for a VOA, or I just wasn’t paying attention and overlooked it. The last thing I saw about getting an Ordinary Visa was that a 4x6 was required. I doubt there will be a next time for me, but if there is I will know better. I appreciate the info.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Hey what if a person has no intention of working? can they come to Cambodia and get a business visa and work permit then not work? i was told this is totally fine, but im not sure if they dont mind if you are staying multiple years and not working. I personally am under 55 and unemployed.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Matty9999 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:10 pm Hey what if a person has no intention of working? can they come to Cambodia and get a business visa and work permit then not work? i was told this is totally fine, but im not sure if they dont mind if you are staying multiple years and not working. I personally am under 55 and unemployed.
The official answer is no

The reality is yes
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:20 pm
Matty9999 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:10 pm Hey what if a person has no intention of working? can they come to Cambodia and get a business visa and work permit then not work? i was told this is totally fine, but im not sure if they dont mind if you are staying multiple years and not working. I personally am under 55 and unemployed.
The official answer is no

The reality is yes
Thanks i may explore this option down the road.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic