President Joe Biden coming to Cambodia.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

President Joe Biden coming to Cambodia.

Post by John Bingham »

I can't say I'm too thrilled, when Obama came in 2012 there was some of the most fucked-up traffic I've ever seen, it took me 4 hours to get home from work. The saving grace is that I don't have any work that whole week so might head out of town.
WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden will make a week-long, three country trip next month for a quartet of summits—including one that could potentially put him in the same room as China's Xi Jinping and Russia's Vladimir Putin.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre announced Friday that Biden will first travel to Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt on Nov. 11 for the COP 27 climate conference before heading to Phnom Penh, Cambodia, to participate in the U.S.-ASEAN Summit of Southeast Asian leaders and the East Asia Summit. He'll then head to Bali, Indonesia for the Group of 20 summit, a gathering of leaders from most of the world's largest economies.

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/202 ... 46842.html
Silence, exile, and cunning.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: President Joe Biden coming to Cambodia.

Post by IraHayes »

I remember when Obama came to town. So glad I am getting the fck outa Dodge for that week.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: President Joe Biden coming to Cambodia.

Post by Bluenose »

Seem to remember last time one of these things happened and everyone was going home afterwards, the Chinese weren't happy their Air China 747 wanted to push back but ATC told them to wait for Air Force One to go first. Might be different this time.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

will Phnom Penh be locked down tight Nov. 10 through 13

Post by phuketrichard »

wonder if Putin will show up??

PHNOM PENH – U.S. President Joe Biden will come to Cambodia in November to attend the annual ASEAN summits, the White House announced in a press statement issued in Washington, D.C., on Oct. 28.

However, Russian President Vladimir Putin has not responded so far to the invitation to attend the Russian-ASEAN summit, which was sent by Prime Minister HE, Cambodia being chair of ASEAN.

https://cambodianess.com/article/us-pre ... invitation
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: will Phnom Penh be locked down tight Nov. 10 through 13

Post by mannanman »

Isn’t HE chair of ASEAN or something this year?

Putin won’t turn up 99%.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I remember when Obama came to Cambodia. It was a non event. None of the Khmer could've cared less.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

I thought it was pretty cool when Obama was in Vietnam w/ Anthony Bourdain
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

The real question is if Joe Biden will realize he's in Cambodia and not Cameroon
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Darkcel wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:45 pm The real question is if Joe Biden will realize he's in Cambodia and not Cameroon
Any reason why he would think he was in Cameroon in Africa ?, its a long way from Cambodia
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Russian Blvd will be locked down. Other than that we should be fine.
Scarier than malaria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic