Poll: renting? Furnished, unfurnished or part furnished

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Do you rent furnished, part-furnished or unfurnished?

Furnished
58%
Part-furnished
12%
Unfurnished
31%

Total votes: 26
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Poll: renting? Furnished, unfurnished or part furnished

Post by IraHayes »

Obviously not aimed at anyone staying in a hotel or guesthouse, but those who rent/lease their apartment.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Poll: renting? Furnished, unfurnished or part furnished

Post by Jerry Atrick »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:24 am Obviously not aimed at anyone staying in a hotel or guesthouse, but those who rent/lease their apartment.
Unfurnished - been here too long have literal truckloads of stuff - so always take unfurnished

I've seen houses here described as fully furnished that had two plastic chairs and a tin table, a fridge and a single bed frame
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:02 pm I've seen houses here described as fully furnished that had two plastic chairs and a tin table, a fridge and a single bed frame
Yes, and you might be "lucky" and get a bunch of that clunky barely moveable wooden furniture.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:09 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:02 pm I've seen houses here described as fully furnished that had two plastic chairs and a tin table, a fridge and a single bed frame
Yes, and you might be "lucky" and get a bunch of that clunky barely moveable wooden furniture.
lol i have the bed and platform thing from the set of "clunky barely moveable wooden furniture"
The platform thing has 6" thick planks for the top and if I ever move it is going to make the removal guys really work for their money.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:09 pm
Plastic chairs etc are easily disposed of, but the "clunky barely moveable wooden furniture" are usually an investment in hardwood that the landlord wants to store free of charge at your place - lucky you ! So make it absolutely clear, when you move in, that this heavy wooden furniture must move out.
Example; a place for rent on social media today:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I have never rented anywhere unfurnished and see zero reason to buy all my own furniture unless it was my place
and if i did buy, i'd never buy that heavy stuff>
A few places i did rent furnished, before i moved in i asked to have some furniture replaced with something dif and also have had those soft local beds replaced with a real bed
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic