Gout

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Gout

Post by hanno »

I have a few bouts a year and I grin and bear it (some of you guys are wimps ;-) ). A Ibuprofen when it gets to bad.

Do I know that I should stop drinking beer? Yes. Will I? Darn, no.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

I drink 14 cans of beer a week - 2 a night. Do you think that could be the cause of my gout?
CatBurglar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by CatBurglar »

Khmu Nation wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:44 am I drink 14 cans of beer a week - 2 a night. Do you think that could be the cause of my gout?
Absolutely! Stop all alcohol.

But will take some time to fix after you stop drinking.

Can introduce some of the suggestions (dry white wine, vodka etc ) above once gout clears. But only one at a time.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

The doc said the amount of beer I drink isn't an issue.

He told me to drink more water we I have been doing.

Its 11.26am.

I have been for 7 pisses so far today.

Awesome.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Try going off gluten for a week and see if it helps.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
CatBurglar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by CatBurglar »

Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:24 am The doc said the amount of beer I drink isn't an issue.

He told me to drink more water we I have been doing.

Its 11.26am.

I have been for 7 pisses so far today.

Awesome.
Your quack is a moron. How about listening to people who have had the condition and actually cured it rather than some some clown with a (bullsh"t) diploma. These guys know nothing about health. They're merely paid shills for the drug companies.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Gout is a painful form of arthritis that occurs when high levels of uric acid in the blood cause crystals to form and accumulate in and around a joint. Uric acid is produced when the body breaks down a chemical called purine. Purine occurs naturally in your body, but it's also found in certain foods. (Mayo Clinic)

Add a bit of lemon juice to your water. Surprisingly, although acidic, when it is broken down in your body it becomes alkalinic countering the build up of acidity.

I stick with wine and notice if I drink beer or liquor it starts.

Definitely get it under control because it can progress to major joints like your knees or worse. It completely deformed my big toe on my right foot.

Eat foods that are low in purines and on the alkalinic side.

NSAID medications stop inflammation but are very hard on the stomach especially when consuming alcohol, and can lead to ulcers if used regularly. My doctor prescribed me a very strong prescription of NSAID and I once ignored the advice and drank while taking it. The result: I shit out blood the next day. I don't take them any more. I don't need them any more.

Some great advice on here: https://www.healthline.com/health/how-t ... -uric-acid
Last edited by sammycooke on Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I thought I had gout until I went off gluten.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
camborambo
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by camborambo »

Febuxostat
Google it.
After a Lot of pain,4 years pain free.
And i can Drink what i want,a Lot.
camborambo
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by camborambo »

Gluten has nothing to do with gout.
Only with purine,so its about what you out put in your bread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic