$50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
RafTig
Tourist

$50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

Post by RafTig »

Hi guys.

What's the deal with the girl scene here? I walked around some of the bars and no one would budge below $50 for ST.

Before anyone says I'm an old slob that deserves a premium, I'm traveling around and was in Thailand before, where in Pattaya I'd pay what ends up being $26 - $30 for a freelancer, and $26 with a $6ish bar fine at the clubs.

Am I just spoilt by Pattaya? I wasn't approaching any gogo level talent, nor frankly saw it at all.

I'm all for the girls getting the best deal they can, but it just seemed like they were all sitting around waiting for the seemingly non existent customer to arrive.

What am I missing here? Are they not willing to put in the "work" as much as the Thai? Do they not need the money as much?

After reading that you could get ST for $30 I was ready to take a girl home every night of my stay, give the $10 to the bar and another $10 in drinks for myself and the girl, and probably have her back in an hour to sit around and do nothing for the rest of the night.
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: $50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

Post by FrankReynolds »

Have her back in the bar in an hour? Show off!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Given your rquirements and spending habits I would suggest you ty the area surrounding Wat Phnom.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

IraHayes wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:57 am Given your rquirements and spending habits I would suggest you ty the area surrounding Wat Phnom.
Maybe if he wants golem

I was taking drunk cousin to meet up with the rest of the clan near the boats across from that big ministry by EDC

This fridge shaped thing appeared from under the light screeching "10 dollar barang!" Keep in mind, cousin is Khmer so I don't know if it was a combined price or he gets it cheaper, I quickly switched gears and sped the fuck off from "her"
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Truly humorous. An individual putting a price on flesh and then complaining that there must be something wrong with the girl because she doesn’t want to go to his room.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

RafTig wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:13 am Hi guys.

What's the deal with the girl scene here? I walked around some of the bars and no one would budge below $50 for ST.

Before anyone says I'm an old slob that deserves a premium, I'm traveling around and was in Thailand before, where in Pattaya I'd pay what ends up being $26 - $30 for a freelancer, and $26 with a $6ish bar fine at the clubs.

Am I just spoilt by Pattaya? I wasn't approaching any gogo level talent, nor frankly saw it at all.

I'm all for the girls getting the best deal they can, but it just seemed like they were all sitting around waiting for the seemingly non existent customer to arrive.

What am I missing here? Are they not willing to put in the "work" as much as the Thai? Do they not need the money as much?

After reading that you could get ST for $30 I was ready to take a girl home every night of my stay, give the $10 to the bar and another $10 in drinks for myself and the girl, and probably have her back in an hour to sit around and do nothing for the rest of the night.
The girl scene is like most things in Cambodia - very little works and when it does it doesn't work very well.

I rarely bother even going in the girly bars lately, they seem to have increased the price of lady drinks to $4.50, so bank on having to buy 2 of them before you're halfway through your 1st beer and have just discovered they don't even go with customers; there's plenty of them too.

If you want a week or so shagging birds who are up for it, then stick to Pattaya. The food is better too.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

RafTig wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:13 am what am I missing?
First thoughts- a plane/bus ticket to Pattaya. Maybe imagination, too.
Kenr wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:28 am Truly humorous. An individual putting a price on flesh and then complaining that there must be something wrong with the girl because she doesn’t want to go to his room.
Once again, an Expat oriented website, which by its very name implies longer term residents, is the go to place to get mongering advice for particular types.
I find it curious that when so many people that I meet have no idea where in the world Cambodia actually is, it is somehow on the list of certain types to explore their sexual needs.
RafTig
Tourist

Post by RafTig »

I've been looking around on this forum for tips before my trip and decided to post a couple of things that confused me about the place hoping to get a perspective from people the live here.

Maybe the bar girls we're getting the high price action, maybe they have some sort of union that decided on on the price and no less, I'm just curious to know.

If the girls are making bank with their strategy then all power to them, but to me it just seemed like a waste...
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

I doubt there is any strategy, or conspiracy. Maybe, just maybe, they think they are worth more than $30 to rent themselves to you.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I think doc67 may have the answer if they can earn $10 a day off drinks, they are probably happy with that, as for those with sly remakes to the opp , his question is not anything new and definitely shows he's not a wowser and good on him for getting out and spending the $$
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic