$50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
violet
Expatriate

Re: $50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

Post by violet »

Svaypak69 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:51 pm
RafTig wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:13 am Hi guys.

What's the deal with the girl scene here? I walked around some of the bars and no one would budge below $50 for ST.

Before anyone says I'm an old slob that deserves a premium, I'm traveling around and was in Thailand before, where in Pattaya I'd pay what ends up being $26 - $30 for a freelancer, and $26 with a $6ish bar fine at the clubs.

Am I just spoilt by Pattaya? I wasn't approaching any gogo level talent, nor frankly saw it at all.

I'm all for the girls getting the best deal they can, but it just seemed like they were all sitting around waiting for the seemingly non existent customer to arrive.

What am I missing here? Are they not willing to put in the "work" as much as the Thai? Do they not need the money as much?

After reading that you could get ST for $30 I was ready to take a girl home every night of my stay, give the $10 to the bar and another $10 in drinks for myself and the girl, and probably have her back in an hour to sit around and do nothing for the rest of the night.
I get short times for $20 here in poipet but slim pickens.
The women feel the same.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Read a few pages and felt absolutely disgusted.

Fifty bucks to sleep with you slobs is hell on earth.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Hell on earth is having nothing to send back to your starving family back in the village, especially for the girl’s parents. This being a Buddhist society and respect for parents is a top priority.

My opinions, of course.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:04 pm Hell on earth is having nothing to send back to your starving family back in the village, especially for the girl’s parents. This being a Buddhist society and respect for parents is a top priority.

My opinions, of course.
Starving might be an exaggeration. But the job of the kids in the countryside is to bring as much cash in as they can, that's for sure.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:04 pm Hell on earth is having nothing to send back to your starving family back in the village, especially for the girl’s parents. This being a Buddhist society and respect for parents is a top priority.

My opinions, of course.
I imagine theres a fair few people in Ukraine who might disagree with you.
Everytime i have been to the villages, all the locals are drinking and partying like theres no tomorrow.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Soriya wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:16 pm

My opinions, of course.
I imagine theres a fair few people in Ukraine who might disagree with you.
Everytime i have been to the villages, all the locals are drinking and partying like theres no tomorrow.
In Cambodia's countryside debt is the mother of all......
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Have the bars and the girls attitudes changed much?
I went to one bar I think when I last visited in 2018, it was Oscars.
When I used to visit bars regularly up to the end of 2014 there were some girls who asked for $50 or more. But they recognised the tourists instantly. Especially the Pattaya types who tried to speak broken Thai with them.
I liked the girls, most were poor kids from the bush who were supporting babies and kids as well as mum. They were mostly semi professional and many wanted a husband. They were nothing like the professional hucksters in Thailand who are in an industry that really kicked off in the mid sixties with the Vietnam War.
Lady drinks would be too expensive for me now but overall the bar scene would be ridiculously cheap compared to Australia where the boys can spend $500 a night often with no sex at the end.
My girls are growing up now and it is horrifying to think that they may have been working in bars instead of living fulfilled lives in Australia. The ex has worked here for 5 years now, has nothing to show for it except alcoholism. She has been hospitalised for more than ten days this time with a failing liver. The men have disappeared, many of them were pimps and had zero respect for her or her daughters. Her daughters have no interest in her fate or going to visit her in hospital.
When I see the bar girls on facebook drinking to excess with customers I wonder how many become alcoholics and will die young.
All I can say to the OP is be a real man and show young women more respect. They deserve it, you do not. Fuck off back to Thailand.
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

@willyhilly

There's quite a few that need to fuck off back to thailand
sumfin smart
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

My opinions, of course.
If you feel that way, why aren't they just given the money then? Why do you have to dance the cucumber rumba with them, knowing that is the last thing they want to do, but all they've got for sale.
It's different for me. Chicks dig me.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

willyhilly wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:17 pm Have the bars and the girls attitudes changed much?
I went to one bar I think when I last visited in 2018, it was Oscars.
When I used to visit bars regularly up to the end of 2014 there were some girls who asked for $50 or more. But they recognised the tourists instantly. Especially the Pattaya types who tried to speak broken Thai with them.
I liked the girls, most were poor kids from the bush who were supporting babies and kids as well as mum. They were mostly semi professional and many wanted a husband. They were nothing like the professional hucksters in Thailand who are in an industry that really kicked off in the mid sixties with the Vietnam War.
Lady drinks would be too expensive for me now but overall the bar scene would be ridiculously cheap compared to Australia where the boys can spend $500 a night often with no sex at the end.
My girls are growing up now and it is horrifying to think that they may have been working in bars instead of living fulfilled lives in Australia. The ex has worked here for 5 years now, has nothing to show for it except alcoholism. She has been hospitalised for more than ten days this time with a failing liver. The men have disappeared, many of them were pimps and had zero respect for her or her daughters. Her daughters have no interest in her fate or going to visit her in hospital.
When I see the bar girls on facebook drinking to excess with customers I wonder how many become alcoholics and will die young.
All I can say to the OP is be a real man and show young women more respect. They deserve it, you do not. Fuck off back to Thailand.
Reads like the tale of your typical idiot who got taken to the cleaners by a Thai bar girl. Then he moved on to Cambodia, no doubt wiser from his bad experience in Thailand, which is why his "luck" improved there, not because Khmer bar girls are angels compared with their Thai sisters. To top things off, our hero even found an alcoholic non-professional he could take home and marry. Heartwarming.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic