$50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Re: $50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

Post by ego bibere nimis »

sammycooke wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:04 pm "Which missus is that? If it's one from Thailand, she'd expect you to have a Gik"

Gík (กิ๊ก) = “fucking friend” the literal translation

So a person you have intimate relations with but not a girlfriend or boyfriend. Essentially the Thai version of Fuck Buddy

This entry is for the latin spelling of this word as farang in Thailand cannot easily find it by the Thai script

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=GIK
"So a person you have intimate relations with but not a girlfriend or boyfriend" nothing intimate about it at all, its just like a back rub remember!
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
RafTig
Tourist

Post by RafTig »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:03 pm
RafTig wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:37 pm
Of course Vietnam is going to be different to Japan, but you're kidding when saying Asians are conservative in regards to sex right? At least compared to white people.
Well let's just ignore Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh Indonesia, Iran, the whole Middle East besides Israel and many others where sex outside marriage will result in serious problems or death. Japan, South Korea, China and Russia might have possibilities. In South East Asia sex outside marriage is also taboo unless we include prostitution. Of course it happens sometimes - but in secret.
I'm not sure which "white people" you mean but in Europe/ America most people have plenty of sex outside marriage and are quite open about it.
I am absolutely ignoring most of those.

First of all I wasn't talking about Arabs or Indians, not that Indian's aren't horny motherfu... Nor the ones that had white ideologies or religions shoved down their throats. I'm talking about the few, pure Asian cultures that developed more or less devoid of the up-tightness around sex that came from Judeo religions or communism. Things in the West are maybe shifting a bit, but I have not experienced anything like I had in Asian countries anywhere in the world. The attitude and approach is like night and day and is more than how relentlessly they cheat on their partner, but generally how they approach the whole topic.
RafTig
Tourist

Post by RafTig »

sammycooke wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:01 pm Prostitution is mainly a product of economics IMO. Rampant prostitution as I've ever witnessed exists in the poorest countries and pockets of disadvantaged areas in more wealthy countries. It can be a choice to feed your kids or go hungry if there are not many alternatives. Of course many countries will have poverty but not much prostitution, at least not out in the open. If one thinks that prostitution doesn't exist in Muslim countries I think one would be sadly mistaken. Probably more abusive and sinister than you would imagine. Think ISIS (I know, extreme) or the refugee trails through Libya where slavery and sex slaves are rampant.

In: places like Dominican Republic, tourist areas are magnets for for prostitution. In low season there are so many desperate hookers including many from Haiti that you have to run to get away from them as they chase you down the street. And walking through the areas and bars where they hang out is insane. You need to basically fight your way through as you are accosted.

However if you go to another Latin country in more wealthy areas prostitution is almost non existent. But go to the inner cities where drug abuse and homelessness occurs and bingo, tons of prostitutes.

Places like Thailand kind of baffle me. Prostitution is so rife that it almost seems to be a viable career choice. It seems to be more socially accepted. Yes I know that many of the girls are from the poor provinces but it seems to be an accepted way to snag a rich Farang. Like we're all ATM machines that will set them and their families up for life.

Then you have girls who are just too lazy and inept to find alternative life choices. It's a lot easier to just hang out at bars or on street corners and spread your legs than to work hard get a normal job and get up every day and go to work.

And some truly do enjoy the lifestyle. Party, meet new people possibly find a keeper, or sucker that they can take for everything that they can. Or girls that can make a whole lot of money while in college as high class hookers pay their tuition and then move on to a normal life.
It's absolutely accepted without a second thought almost (In Thailand)

I'd say it's the stigma around it that causes more harm than good in the West. Another good example is their approach to transgenders. I'm sure there is some discrimination, but it's no where near as big of a deal as it is in the West.

Believe it or not, women love sex, they love money, and they love to have fun, and from the stories I hear the biggest detriment apart from falling into the traps of excess that's a danger to anyone, is their family that tries to take all their cash.

At the end of the day, the whole things is just supply and demand with no stigma. The stigma comes only from ignorant and uptight people who want to Bible bash or virtue signal. Thailand build a good portion of their country through the bedroom, one way or another.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

RafTig wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:41 pm I'm talking about the few, pure Asian cultures that developed more or less devoid of the up-tightness around sex that came from Judeo religions or communism. Things in the West are maybe shifting a bit, but I have not experienced anything like I had in Asian countries anywhere in the world.
Pure Asian cultures? You have lost me now. Have you ever actually been anywhere in Asia for more than a quick visit? No hard feelings but you seem to be romanticizing the place based on a very limited perception.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

There was a documentary about rent wives in Iran. Set up by the local mullah, women become rent wives (rent a day, a week, a month, etc.) to a man or men. The mullah handles the money in from the men and out to the rent wives.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

RafTig wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:41 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:03 pm
RafTig wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:37 pm
Of course Vietnam is going to be different to Japan, but you're kidding when saying Asians are conservative in regards to sex right? At least compared to white people.
Which ones are the pure Asian?
Well let's just ignore Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh Indonesia, Iran, the whole Middle East besides Israel and many others where sex outside marriage will result in serious problems or death. Japan, South Korea, China and Russia might have possibilities. In South East Asia sex outside marriage is also taboo unless we include prostitution. Of course it happens sometimes - but in secret.
I'm not sure which "white people" you mean but in Europe/ America most people have plenty of sex outside marriage and are quite open about it.
I am absolutely ignoring most of those.

First of all I wasn't talking about Arabs or Indians, not that Indian's aren't horny motherfu... Nor the ones that had white ideologies or religions shoved down their throats. I'm talking about the few, pure Asian cultures that developed more or less devoid of the up-tightness around sex that came from Judeo religions or communism. Things in the West are maybe shifting a bit, but I have not experienced anything like I had in Asian countries anywhere in the world. The attitude and approach is like night and day and is more than how relentlessly they cheat on their partner, but generally how they approach the whole topic.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

sorry for reposting..

work is for people who cant find truffles
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

When i think of prostitution in south east asia, this picture often comes to my mind, because often some systems lure people into it. It's not a girl's dream profession to start with anyway, so it reeks of despair for many. Not sexy, unless willing to and happy with it in a nice environment. So, not much of them.

But sex is here, in these rich and ancient mixes of cultures that layers this part of the world, and good for them locals. Hotter than my place anyway.

A sacred mountain for holy adultery-sex in a muslim environment ? cheat-mode-check
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Kemukus

Sexy carvings of fannies and cocks all over the place ? Kamasutra-check

Vast orgies of students in remote places of countryside at specific times of the year ? Secret-naughty-check
Spoiler:
Sorry guys, i don't have photos of that, it's only evoked by local friends, and also in some local blogs of that specific country i know of...But true thing.
I'm sure there is more signs of the importance of sex in many cultural local aspects, or at least signs of it's integration in the cultural landscape. We do have some of our own in europe, but at the time it was carved in asia, it was probably being destroyed in europe, try to sell cocks carving to the inquisition, see what happens...(prob diff timelines, but you get the idea, and no way you'd have those intact in the middle east by now anyway).
And it's hot. Hot and moist...can't unsee those titties pointing under the pouring rain too, and that's a blessing to my eyes.
The sane sexy hotness of it is mild but fresh and elegant on a daily basis.
The insane side of it is grim.

Stories are wild, people are hurt, delicate culture, tough realities, and more.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:43 am
RafTig wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:50 pm
IraHayes wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:08 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm
grumpygit wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:51 am Why is it that the oldest profession in the world, is so much worse when the workers need the money the most??
Are all these bleeding heart liberals going out every night handing out cash so the girls can do something else?
I think you'll find dentistry is the oldest profession in the world. Probably not the main point of your post.
not to go off-topic, but in a thread that is about the supply and demand of sex based work in Cambodia going off-topic may be beneficial to the forum as a whole.

It is not accurate to claim that dentistry is the oldest profession in the world. While the practice of dentistry has a long history, there is evidence of various forms of work and economic activity occurring throughout human history, and many occupations that are considered "professions" today have likely existed in some form for centuries or longer.

The practice of dentistry can be traced back to ancient civilizations, where dental treatments were performed to alleviate pain and discomfort caused by tooth decay and other dental problems. For example, in ancient Egypt, dental extractions and other procedures were performed using tools made of bronze and other materials. In ancient Greece, Hippocrates and other physicians recognized the importance of oral hygiene and recommended the use of various remedies to prevent dental problems. However, it is important to recognize that the practice of dentistry as we know it today did not emerge until much later, with the development of modern techniques and technologies in the 19th and 20th centuries.

While the practice of dentistry has a long history, it is one of many occupations that have existed for centuries or longer. It is also important to recognize that the concept of a "profession" is culturally and historically specific, and what constitutes a profession may vary across different societies and time periods.

It is also important to recognize that the term "oldest profession" is often used to refer to prostitution, or the act of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for money or other compensation. There is evidence of prostitution occurring in various forms throughout history, with references to it appearing in ancient texts and documents from many different cultures. Also, the use of the term "oldest profession" to refer to prostitution is controversial and has been criticized for implying that sex work is a natural and inevitable part of human society.

The previous sentence is worthy of further discussion in and of itself and it may provide further opportunity for others to go Off-topic, too.
Women have used sex to exchange for value from men since the beginning of time, and those that didn't were naturally selected out of the gene pool because men wanted nothing to do with them.

I'm pretty over this whole puritan approach towards sex, and thankfully Asian people exist that haven't had whatever nonsense white people had shoved down there throats in regards to it.

There still seems to be plenty of guys still around set on shoving their morals down other culture's throats while seemingly at the same time getting away from their own culture because they dislike it. It's just dumb. Sex done safely is nothing more than a back rub that feels really, really good and everyone needs to get over themselves about it.
"Sex done safely is nothing more than a back rub that feels really, really good" LOL. Great line - try that line with the missus when you get caught with your pants down and see how that plays out. Bottom line is that folks specifically come here to exploit the financially disadvantaged in the worse possible way. No two ways about it and not even debatable. If you are comfortable with that, even proud of that, then more power to you, but you aren't my cup of tea. If that clown in the YouTube video is your role model, then you have serious issues to address.
Yep, a lot do come for that reason alone. I've even heard guys bragging about how many they've had. It reads more like a confession.
Just the other day some guy was recounting his exploits, complaining that a girl wouldn't go with him, and he said "...and she knows me! She goes with other guys but she knows me, and still said no."
None of his mates said anything, I think they stopped listening.
If I had been at his table, I probably would have said "I would like to comment, but that's too easy."
The things I hate equally as much, are the older women, supposedly taking care of the young girls and teaching them to trade, but will happily pass them off to anyone, and into a potentially dangerous situation, for their cut.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Svaypak69
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Svaypak69 »

RafTig wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:13 am Hi guys.

What's the deal with the girl scene here? I walked around some of the bars and no one would budge below $50 for ST.

Before anyone says I'm an old slob that deserves a premium, I'm traveling around and was in Thailand before, where in Pattaya I'd pay what ends up being $26 - $30 for a freelancer, and $26 with a $6ish bar fine at the clubs.

Am I just spoilt by Pattaya? I wasn't approaching any gogo level talent, nor frankly saw it at all.

I'm all for the girls getting the best deal they can, but it just seemed like they were all sitting around waiting for the seemingly non existent customer to arrive.

What am I missing here? Are they not willing to put in the "work" as much as the Thai? Do they not need the money as much?

After reading that you could get ST for $30 I was ready to take a girl home every night of my stay, give the $10 to the bar and another $10 in drinks for myself and the girl, and probably have her back in an hour to sit around and do nothing for the rest of the night.
I get short times for $20 here in poipet but slim pickens.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic