$50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Re: $50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

Post by ego bibere nimis »

RafTig wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:50 pm
IraHayes wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:08 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm
grumpygit wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:51 am Why is it that the oldest profession in the world, is so much worse when the workers need the money the most??
Are all these bleeding heart liberals going out every night handing out cash so the girls can do something else?
I think you'll find dentistry is the oldest profession in the world. Probably not the main point of your post.
not to go off-topic, but in a thread that is about the supply and demand of sex based work in Cambodia going off-topic may be beneficial to the forum as a whole.

It is not accurate to claim that dentistry is the oldest profession in the world. While the practice of dentistry has a long history, there is evidence of various forms of work and economic activity occurring throughout human history, and many occupations that are considered "professions" today have likely existed in some form for centuries or longer.

The practice of dentistry can be traced back to ancient civilizations, where dental treatments were performed to alleviate pain and discomfort caused by tooth decay and other dental problems. For example, in ancient Egypt, dental extractions and other procedures were performed using tools made of bronze and other materials. In ancient Greece, Hippocrates and other physicians recognized the importance of oral hygiene and recommended the use of various remedies to prevent dental problems. However, it is important to recognize that the practice of dentistry as we know it today did not emerge until much later, with the development of modern techniques and technologies in the 19th and 20th centuries.

While the practice of dentistry has a long history, it is one of many occupations that have existed for centuries or longer. It is also important to recognize that the concept of a "profession" is culturally and historically specific, and what constitutes a profession may vary across different societies and time periods.

It is also important to recognize that the term "oldest profession" is often used to refer to prostitution, or the act of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for money or other compensation. There is evidence of prostitution occurring in various forms throughout history, with references to it appearing in ancient texts and documents from many different cultures. Also, the use of the term "oldest profession" to refer to prostitution is controversial and has been criticized for implying that sex work is a natural and inevitable part of human society.

The previous sentence is worthy of further discussion in and of itself and it may provide further opportunity for others to go Off-topic, too.
Women have used sex to exchange for value from men since the beginning of time, and those that didn't were naturally selected out of the gene pool because men wanted nothing to do with them.

I'm pretty over this whole puritan approach towards sex, and thankfully Asian people exist that haven't had whatever nonsense white people had shoved down there throats in regards to it.

There still seems to be plenty of guys still around set on shoving their morals down other culture's throats while seemingly at the same time getting away from their own culture because they dislike it. It's just dumb. Sex done safely is nothing more than a back rub that feels really, really good and everyone needs to get over themselves about it.
"Sex done safely is nothing more than a back rub that feels really, really good" LOL. Great line - try that line with the missus when you get caught with your pants down and see how that plays out. Bottom line is that folks specifically come here to exploit the financially disadvantaged in the worse possible way. No two ways about it and not even debatable. If you are comfortable with that, even proud of that, then more power to you, but you aren't my cup of tea. If that clown in the YouTube video is your role model, then you have serious issues to address.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pootylicious »

pissontheroof wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:02 pm I’ve had 2 accidents here with prostitutes . Both in sihanoukville.
One born on Christmas and one born on the 5th of may ,
The 1st one mother died of HIV .
2nd mother is almost 50 now , still on drugs and still hooking .
My kids are lucky , because I love them .
I am very old now . Almost dead ..
I’m looking for a legal guardian because I might have to leave him behind and he only knows 2 words in cambrodian

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

uh what now???
This needs it own thread, if true.
Maybe the forum can adopt them somehow.
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pootylicious »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:43 am...Bottom line is that folks specifically come here to exploit the financially disadvantaged in the worse possible way. No two ways about it and not even debatable. If you are comfortable with that, even proud of that, then more power to you, but you aren't my cup of tea. If that clown in the YouTube video is your role model, then you have serious issues to address.
how do you know the gals here don't like spending time with Steady Eddie?? the ones he's filmed, they look like theyre having a great time together

people always assume the gals don't enjoy their line of work. dont know why that is.
RafTig
Tourist

Post by RafTig »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:43 am
IraHayes wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:08 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm
grumpygit wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:51 am Why is it that the oldest profession in the world, is so much worse when the workers need the money the most??
Are all these bleeding heart liberals going out every night handing out cash so the girls can do something else?
I think you'll find dentistry is the oldest profession in the world. Probably not the main point of your post.
not to go off-topic, but in a thread that is about the supply and demand of sex based work in Cambodia going off-topic may be beneficial to the forum as a whole.

It is not accurate to claim that dentistry is the oldest profession in the world. While the practice of dentistry has a long history, there is evidence of various forms of work and economic activity occurring throughout human history, and many occupations that are considered "professions" today have likely existed in some form for centuries or longer.

The practice of dentistry can be traced back to ancient civilizations, where dental treatments were performed to alleviate pain and discomfort caused by tooth decay and other dental problems. For example, in ancient Egypt, dental extractions and other procedures were performed using tools made of bronze and other materials. In ancient Greece, Hippocrates and other physicians recognized the importance of oral hygiene and recommended the use of various remedies to prevent dental problems. However, it is important to recognize that the practice of dentistry as we know it today did not emerge until much later, with the development of modern techniques and technologies in the 19th and 20th centuries.

While the practice of dentistry has a long history, it is one of many occupations that have existed for centuries or longer. It is also important to recognize that the concept of a "profession" is culturally and historically specific, and what constitutes a profession may vary across different societies and time periods.

It is also important to recognize that the term "oldest profession" is often used to refer to prostitution, or the act of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for money or other compensation. There is evidence of prostitution occurring in various forms throughout history, with references to it appearing in ancient texts and documents from many different cultures. Also, the use of the term "oldest profession" to refer to prostitution is controversial and has been criticized for implying that sex work is a natural and inevitable part of human society.

The previous sentence is worthy of further discussion in and of itself and it may provide further opportunity for others to go Off-topic, too.
Women have used sex to exchange for value from men since the beginning of time, and those that didn't were naturally selected out of the gene pool because men wanted nothing to do with them.

I'm pretty over this whole puritan approach towards sex, and thankfully Asian people exist that haven't had whatever nonsense white people had shoved down there throats in regards to it.

There still seems to be plenty of guys still around set on shoving their morals down other culture's throats while seemingly at the same time getting away from their own culture because they dislike it. It's just dumb. Sex done safely is nothing more than a back rub that feels really, really good and everyone needs to get over themselves about it.
"Sex done safely is nothing more than a back rub that feels really, really good" LOL. Great line - try that line with the missus when you get caught with your pants down and see how that plays out. Bottom line is that folks specifically come here to exploit the financially disadvantaged in the worse possible way. No two ways about it and not even debatable. If you are comfortable with that, even proud of that, then more power to you, but you aren't my cup of tea. If that clown in the YouTube video is your role model, then you have serious issues to address.
Which missus is that? If it's one from Thailand, she'd expect you to have a Gik.

If the Cambodian girls are running around demanding $200+, it's more likely they are doing the exploiting.

This is the typical arrogance I'm talking about. "Don't have sex getting paid a months wage in a day, that's exploitation! Go drive a TukTuk or get in the mines like the men"

GTFO. Go preach to the girls and hopefully you'll get a quick shank to the face by a heel.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Asian people is a very broad term but in general they are some of the most sexually conservative people in the world - so I'm not sure what you are trying to say there. If they weren't so conservative there probably wouldn't be much prostitution at all.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
RafTig
Tourist

Post by RafTig »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:24 pm

Asian people is a very broad term but in general they are some of the most sexually conservative people in the world - so I'm not sure what you are trying to say there. If they weren't so conservative there probably wouldn't be much prostitution at all.
Ofcourse Vietnam is going to be different to Japan, but you're kidding when saying Asians are conservative in regards to sex right? At least compared to white people.

The only thing they might be slightly more conservative on are PDAs and everything that goes along with saving "face", but once you get them behind closed doors, the dildos start coming out.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

RafTig wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:37 pm
Of course Vietnam is going to be different to Japan, but you're kidding when saying Asians are conservative in regards to sex right? At least compared to white people.
Well let's just ignore Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh Indonesia, Iran, the whole Middle East besides Israel and many others where sex outside marriage will result in serious problems or death. Japan, South Korea, China and Russia might have possibilities. In South East Asia sex outside marriage is also taboo unless we include prostitution. Of course it happens sometimes - but in secret.
I'm not sure which "white people" you mean but in Europe/ America most people have plenty of sex outside marriage and are quite open about it.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:03 pm In South East Asia sex outside marriage is also taboo unless we include prostitution. Of course it happens sometimes - but in secret.
I'm not sure which "white people" you mean but in Europe/ America most people have plenty of sex outside marriage and are quite open about it.
Even in the Vatican there is sex outside marriage but they are not so open abóut it.
work is for people who cant find truffles
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Prostitution is mainly a product of economics IMO. Rampant prostitution as I've ever witnessed exists in the poorest countries and pockets of disadvantaged areas in more wealthy countries. It can be a choice to feed your kids or go hungry if there are not many alternatives. Of course many countries will have poverty but not much prostitution, at least not out in the open. If one thinks that prostitution doesn't exist in Muslim countries I think one would be sadly mistaken. Probably more abusive and sinister than you would imagine. Think ISIS (I know, extreme) or the refugee trails through Libya where slavery and sex slaves are rampant.

In: places like Dominican Republic, tourist areas are magnets for for prostitution. In low season there are so many desperate hookers including many from Haiti that you have to run to get away from them as they chase you down the street. And walking through the areas and bars where they hang out is insane. You need to basically fight your way through as you are accosted.

However if you go to another Latin country in more wealthy areas prostitution is almost non existent. But go to the inner cities where drug abuse and homelessness occurs and bingo, tons of prostitutes.

Places like Thailand kind of baffle me. Prostitution is so rife that it almost seems to be a viable career choice. It seems to be more socially accepted. Yes I know that many of the girls are from the poor provinces but it seems to be an accepted way to snag a rich Farang. Like we're all ATM machines that will set them and their families up for life.

Then you have girls who are just too lazy and inept to find alternative life choices. It's a lot easier to just hang out at bars or on street corners and spread your legs than to work hard get a normal job and get up every day and go to work.

And some truly do enjoy the lifestyle. Party, meet new people possibly find a keeper, or sucker that they can take for everything that they can. Or girls that can make a whole lot of money while in college as high class hookers pay their tuition and then move on to a normal life.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

"Which missus is that? If it's one from Thailand, she'd expect you to have a Gik"

Gík (กิ๊ก) = “fucking friend” the literal translation

So a person you have intimate relations with but not a girlfriend or boyfriend. Essentially the Thai version of Fuck Buddy

This entry is for the latin spelling of this word as farang in Thailand cannot easily find it by the Thai script

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=GIK
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic