$50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: $50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

Post by pootylicious »

grumpygit wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:51 am Why is it that the oldest profession in the world, is so much worse when the workers need the money the most??
Are all these bleeding heart liberals going out every night handing out cash so the girls can do something else?
huh? liberals are all for it arent they? i thought they're pro 'sex-worker' as they call it
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

sammycooke wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:14 am
Look how many western guys jump off of balconies in Pattaya after spending all of their life savings. I feel as much pity as I feel disdain for many so called punters.
That's what I'm gonna do...

Well, I guess it's either be a conservative family man or a free-range condom.

Take your pick...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm
grumpygit wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:51 am Why is it that the oldest profession in the world, is so much worse when the workers need the money the most??
Are all these bleeding heart liberals going out every night handing out cash so the girls can do something else?
I think you'll find dentistry is the oldest profession in the world. Probably not the main point of your post.
not to go off-topic, but in a thread that is about the supply and demand of sex based work in Cambodia going off-topic may be beneficial to the forum as a whole.

It is not accurate to claim that dentistry is the oldest profession in the world. While the practice of dentistry has a long history, there is evidence of various forms of work and economic activity occurring throughout human history, and many occupations that are considered "professions" today have likely existed in some form for centuries or longer.

The practice of dentistry can be traced back to ancient civilizations, where dental treatments were performed to alleviate pain and discomfort caused by tooth decay and other dental problems. For example, in ancient Egypt, dental extractions and other procedures were performed using tools made of bronze and other materials. In ancient Greece, Hippocrates and other physicians recognized the importance of oral hygiene and recommended the use of various remedies to prevent dental problems. However, it is important to recognize that the practice of dentistry as we know it today did not emerge until much later, with the development of modern techniques and technologies in the 19th and 20th centuries.

While the practice of dentistry has a long history, it is one of many occupations that have existed for centuries or longer. It is also important to recognize that the concept of a "profession" is culturally and historically specific, and what constitutes a profession may vary across different societies and time periods.

It is also important to recognize that the term "oldest profession" is often used to refer to prostitution, or the act of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for money or other compensation. There is evidence of prostitution occurring in various forms throughout history, with references to it appearing in ancient texts and documents from many different cultures. Also, the use of the term "oldest profession" to refer to prostitution is controversial and has been criticized for implying that sex work is a natural and inevitable part of human society.

The previous sentence is worthy of further discussion in and of itself and it may provide further opportunity for others to go Off-topic, too.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I’ve had 2 accidents here with prostitutes . Both in sihanoukville.
One born on Christmas and one born on the 5th of may ,
The 1st one mother died of HIV .
2nd mother is almost 50 now , still on drugs and still hooking .
My kids are lucky , because I love them .
I am very old now . Almost dead ..
I’m looking for a legal guardian because I might have to leave him behind and he only knows 2 words in cambrodian

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
RafTig
Tourist

Post by RafTig »

IraHayes wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:08 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:52 pm
I think you'll find dentistry is the oldest profession in the world. Probably not the main point of your post.
not to go off-topic, but in a thread that is about the supply and demand of sex based work in Cambodia going off-topic may be beneficial to the forum as a whole.

It is not accurate to claim that dentistry is the oldest profession in the world. While the practice of dentistry has a long history, there is evidence of various forms of work and economic activity occurring throughout human history, and many occupations that are considered "professions" today have likely existed in some form for centuries or longer.

The practice of dentistry can be traced back to ancient civilizations, where dental treatments were performed to alleviate pain and discomfort caused by tooth decay and other dental problems. For example, in ancient Egypt, dental extractions and other procedures were performed using tools made of bronze and other materials. In ancient Greece, Hippocrates and other physicians recognized the importance of oral hygiene and recommended the use of various remedies to prevent dental problems. However, it is important to recognize that the practice of dentistry as we know it today did not emerge until much later, with the development of modern techniques and technologies in the 19th and 20th centuries.

While the practice of dentistry has a long history, it is one of many occupations that have existed for centuries or longer. It is also important to recognize that the concept of a "profession" is culturally and historically specific, and what constitutes a profession may vary across different societies and time periods.

It is also important to recognize that the term "oldest profession" is often used to refer to prostitution, or the act of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for money or other compensation. There is evidence of prostitution occurring in various forms throughout history, with references to it appearing in ancient texts and documents from many different cultures. Also, the use of the term "oldest profession" to refer to prostitution is controversial and has been criticized for implying that sex work is a natural and inevitable part of human society.

The previous sentence is worthy of further discussion in and of itself and it may provide further opportunity for others to go Off-topic, too.
Women have used sex to exchange for value from men since the beginning of time, and those that didn't were naturally selected out of the gene pool because men wanted nothing to do with them.

I'm pretty over this whole puritan approach towards sex, and thankfully Asian people exist that haven't had whatever nonsense white people had shoved down there throats in regards to it.

There still seems to be plenty of guys still around set on shoving their morals down other culture's throats while seemingly at the same time getting away from their own culture because they dislike it. It's just dumb. Sex done safely is nothing more than a back rub that feels really, really good and everyone needs to get over themselves about it.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

RafTig wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:50 pm Women have used sex to exchange for value from men since the beginning of time, and those that didn't were naturally selected out of the gene pool because men wanted nothing to do with them.
This statement is misguided and oversimplified. While it is true that sex has been a currency of sorts since the beginning of time, it is not the only form of exchange that has been used between men and women. Women have also used their work and knowledge to gain access to resources. In fact, studies have shown that women have provided up to 80% of subsistence labor in some societies. Furthermore, there is no evidence to suggest that women who do not use sex to exchange for value have been naturally selected out of the gene pool. Rather, women have been able to survive and thrive by taking advantage of other resources and opportunities available to them. Therefore, this statement does not accurately reflect the reality of relations between males and females throughout history.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

pissontheroof wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:02 pm I’ve had 2 accidents here with prostitutes . Both in sihanoukville.
One born on Christmas and one born on the 5th of may ,
The 1st one mother died of HIV .
2nd mother is almost 50 now , still on drugs and still hooking .
My kids are lucky , because I love them .
I am very old now . Almost dead ..
I’m looking for a legal guardian because I might have to leave him behind and he only knows 2 words in cambrodian

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
You're joking right? Reach out to and admin, ask someone for help brother
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Some ancient cultures had the priestesses represent the deity of the earth mother. Farmers would have ritualistic sex with them in order to have a good harvest. Similar to Cambodian monks eating the food offered to them as a way of feeding the ancestors.

Geishas did not routinely engage in sex with their customers. Their entire appearance and manners was to draw a line between fantasy and reality.

Just some examples off the top of my head where sex wasn’t just for money.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Darkcel wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:20 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:02 pm

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
You're joking right? Reach out to and admin, ask someone for help brother
chill out , i’m handleing the situation as it goes .
what good is admin ? these are mostly all fake names here
im looking for an organization which is upfront ;
using real names .
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:04 pm Some ancient cultures had the priestesses represent the deity of the earth mother. Farmers would have ritualistic sex with them in order to have a good harvest. Similar to Cambodian monks eating the food offered to them as a way of feeding the ancestors.

Geishas did not routinely engage in sex with their customers. Their entire appearance and manners was to draw a line between fantasy and reality.

Just some examples off the top of my head where sex wasn’t just for money.
On that basis, then, it should be remembered that money is largely valueless by itself, unless you have something to use it on. It’s a currency, just like lumps of gold, bags of salt. It’s easier to transport than ten bartered chickens. (Quietly ignore the dangling unfortunates on the back of Cambodian minibuses for now)

Replace money with the concept of trade. Barter. I’ll give you this for that…
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic