Best place to get quality Denim Jeans in PP?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Best place to get quality Denim Jeans in PP?

Post by SlackWaster »

Hello All

I've been here nearly six years now and it would appear I've got older and fatter. Who'd have thought? So, prepping for a holiday I thought I'd dig out my nice Nudie jeans - of which I have three pairs, hardly worn and that set me back a fair amount of lucre. Yeah, they're not even getting over my thighs.

So, anyone know where I can get decent jeans in PP - Aeon is my guess, but if there's anywhere anyone knows that's better - I'm all ears. And fat.

Nudie would be ideal, but I'm guessing that probably won't be an option.

Anyway, thanks in advance. Easy on the burgers.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Best place to get quality Denim Jeans in PP?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Never heard of nudie jeans but a google search tells me I have seen them everywhere

Rolled up ends, distressed denim, probably a nasty fade hairstyle to match and a red and black check shirt

Zando, all the factory outlets around TTP would be best bet imo

All the mens Aeon clothes shops are shit or overpriced or both
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by SlackWaster »

On the contrary - a decent pair of Nudie jeans, have a very deep a long lasting colour. You can get faded, and yes, you can turn them up, but it's not obligatory. They last for years (unless you get old and fat of course)

Anyway, I got a half decent pair of some rando brand in Aeon for $35 - which will do for a few days in Thailand.

I thoroughly recommend Nudie to anyone wanting a very well made and dyed pair of jeans. They'll even repair them for you for free for as long as you own them. Wears around the bollocks (where all jeans go in the end) and knees of course, they'll match them up with denim they have in stock and do a decent repair.

You pay a lot for them, but they last. Just don't get old and fat

BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

I got a pair of those!! My friend gave them to me. Good quality
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
NotYourUncle
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by NotYourUncle »

Sakura / toto recycle shops for anything ever. not always the best if you're on the larger side though
pronouns- it/that
as quite obviously, I identify as a f***ing watermelon
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Cambo Quick
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Levi in aeon 1 for real quality jeans, have a pair that has lasted me for several years now
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Darkcel wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:07 pm Levi in aeon 1 for real quality jeans, have a pair that has lasted me for several years now
That closed about a year ago.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Nothing wrong about buying Wrangler jeans. These were standard issues, 16 ounce denim work jeans supplied to us workers on a oil refinery from 1980 till 1985 and they still fit me.
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by SlackWaster »

Thank you everyone - check this out - I'm in eCommerce and I get a lot of businesses wanting to 'have a chat' (sell me their services) and one company offered me a $250 Amazon voucher just for a 30 minute chat. Had the chat, got the voucher, didn't buy their services. New pair of slightly larger Nudie Jeans arrived from Amazon just two weeks later - turned out nice.

Thanks for all the advice though, still good to know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic