Transfer money from Cambodia to thailand

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Transfer money from Cambodia to thailand

Post by phuketrichard »

I have a CAB account and they do not do outgoing international transfers>only incoming
I have a wise account for thailand

How can i send/transfer money out??
i can send via western union, from CAB, but i dont want use them, reason is, i need to show immigration money came from outside thailand into my bank account not to cash

Thanks
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Transfer money from Cambodia to thailand

Post by Kenr »

Western Union can transfer into a bank account.

In fact you get a better exchange rate.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kenr wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:25 am Western Union can transfer into a bank account.

:thumb:
but i need go to a western union office than , correct?

anyway in Cambodia to send to a wise account?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:26 am
Kenr wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:25 am Western Union can transfer into a bank account.

:thumb:
but i need go to a western union office than , correct?

anyway in Cambodia to send to a wise account?
No. They have an option on their website to deposit into bank account directly. The only issue is that they have a $ limit per day.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Just checked, transfer into a bank account up to $20,000 at one time. Cash pick up is $5,000.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kenr wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:35 am Just checked, transfer into a bank account up to $20,000 at one time. Cash pick up is $5,000.
what bank did u check?
just checked on CAB Ibanking, cant send to bank , only individual ;-(
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:39 am
Kenr wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:35 am Just checked, transfer into a bank account up to $20,000 at one time. Cash pick up is $5,000.
what bank did u check?
just checked on CAB Ibanking, cant send to bank , only individual ;-(
Western Union can send to bank account in Thailand. Western Union cannot send to bank account in Cambodia. You could send from a Western Union office in Cambodia to a bank in Thailand. Maybe?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Richard, I just looked at CAB website. If you go inside and fill out a Western Union form it says that you can send money to a bank account.

Doing it that way may be expensive. Using Wise will probably be cheaper.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

How about opening a bank account with a proper bank that CAN do an outbound SWIFT transfer?

I'm a bit surprised that CAB cannot do that, apparently. Are you sure they didn't just misunderstand you?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Alex wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:56 pm How about opening a bank account with a proper bank that CAN do an outbound SWIFT transfer?

I'm a bit surprised that CAB cannot do that, apparently. Are you sure they didn't just misunderstand you?
I can do a swift from CAB< just not online, have to visit a branch
WU for $20,000 is over $950!!
swift from CAB $30, Incoming for SCB is 500 baht
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic