A question of balance

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: A question of balance

Post by Freightdog »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:35 pm
Username Taken wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:07 am It seems to be a catfight as it is!
Exactly why we need more women members ;)
You support the mud wrestling and wet t-shirt proposals….?;)

or did I get that wrong? :facepalm:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:42 pm You support the mud wrestling and wet t-shirt proposals….?;)
What a sexist thing to say. Seriously.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:07 am
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:43 am So if we are talking about balance - what can we do to encourage more women posters?
Are you kidding?

It seems to be a catfight as it is!

What do you reckon Violet?
Pffft I was raised by Khmer440.
Best forum education a gal could have. I came through it alright. my unhinged years are well behind me as anyone who has observed me growing up on the forums will attest to, I reckon.

No cat fight as far as I’m concerned. Not once I have I ever bitched at or had a go at Roz until she started bitching about me thinking no one could see her comments.

I shan’t bother again.
Last edited by violet on Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

violet wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:15 pm
Username Taken wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:07 am
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:43 am So if we are talking about balance - what can we do to encourage more women posters?
Are you kidding?

It seems to be a catfight as it is!

What do you reckon Violet?
Pffft I was raised by Khmer440.
Best forum education a gal could have. I came through it alright. my unhinged years are well behind me as anyone who has observed me growing up on the forums will attest to, I reckon.
You’re more balanced, less offended and dramatic than other members.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Just this snippet ... 1m13 - 1m56 - nailed it.

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:10 pm Just this snippet ... 1m13 - 1m56 - nailed it.

His rant at the Philadelphia audience is a classic, he was brutal with them.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:10 pm Just this snippet ... 1m13 - 1m56 - nailed it.
You nailed it. What CEO needs is more Australians!
Spoiler:
:stir:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:56 pm
You nailed it. What CEO needs is more Australians!
Spoiler:
:stir:
Great idea AM. We can get rid of 'members' and just have 'cnuts'!

Nice.

CEO - Cnuts Etc Online.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

You could start a threat about too much makeup, or the best place to buy lady products, or have a dedicated section for "women's stuff," but there's only four expat females in Cambodia.

Expats with wives and partners might contribute, but that's not your target market.

You might have to find a way to draw them in yourself, perhaps on a different forum, with the link.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Wives and partners get mauled here, period. Other wives and partners watch them being picked apart and choose wisely not to be victims.

Khmer women are not overtly feisty in English. They don’t like to verbally spar with strangers, especially teachers.

Just imagine if this was a French or German language forum. Person with limited language skills, or just conversational skills. And then gets ripped for poor grammar or not knowing the finer points of the culture. Or just personally attacked.

Just look at the number of lurkers vs. active members..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic