weird question but I have my reasons

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
krisduncs
Expatriate

Re: weird question but I have my reasons

Post by krisduncs »

Escalade. Coz Kenny 'Fucking' Powers drove one.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

The person arriving is a VVIP arriving in his private plane from Manila but a friend I've known for 30 years, I don't need to impress him but we will be headed to a meeting with some VIP politicians and substantial businessmen here. My friend will likely fly out the same day don't think at this point he will spend a night here.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

krisduncs wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:42 pm Escalade. Coz Kenny 'Fucking' Powers drove one.
who on earth is Kenny Powers ??
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

If he’s an actual friend, or someone that you’re on very easy terms with, ask him. Seriously- you’ve got two cars available, ask him which one he’d like to be picked up in? Get your PA to ask his PA which would the suitable vehicle.

It all sounds ridiculous to any but those who actually do need to consider these things. Pablo Escobar would likely expect the Escalade, a yakuza a wrong hand drive Merc.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

He wont care to be honest, he himself has a stable of cars most of us minions wouldn't believe, its more for what would look better for him to arrive at the meeting in from a Khmer point of view
Last edited by Ozinasia on Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

If it's older than two years old I don't think it matters to them but I would go with an Escalade in Phillipines and a Mercedes here.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

Random Dude wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:17 pm If you're on the fence, go with whichever car is worth more.
Both are in the $80,000 range should be good enough I see new Escalades are over $200,000 :shock: new 400 series mercs not far off.
the two cars I have access to are not new but both look new both under 20,000 klm.
seems the benz is winning so far
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Ozinasia wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:09 pm
Random Dude wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:17 pm If you're on the fence, go with whichever car is worth more.
Both are in the $80,000 range should be good enough I see new Escalades are over $200,000 :shock: new 400 series mercs not far off.
the two cars I have access to are not new but both look new both under 20,000 klm.
seems the benz is winning so far
Well all things being equal - price, comfort etc, my vote would probably be for the merc as well. They just have that classy, elegant look about them.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ozinasia wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:43 pm The person arriving is a VVIP arriving in his private plane from Manila but a friend I've known for 30 years, I don't need to impress him but we will be headed to a meeting with some VIP politicians and substantial businessmen here. My friend will likely fly out the same day don't think at this point he will spend a night here.
I think you have another logistics matter to deal with. Rich man + Private aircraft = arrives when he chooses, and it probably won't be on the airport's arrivals website. You had better get an accurate idea of when he takes off, and try to track the aircraft on Flight radar. You can use the filters to show only arrivals at PNH and this will thin out the results.

Also, where do you collect VVIP's who arrive on their own aircraft? They may have their own airport entrance gate, immigration and exit/collection point. You don't want to be with the hoi polloi out front when your man is leaving by a side entrance.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Also VVIP in Cambodia would be HE (plus people immediately under him) and the Royal family. I doubt you'd be allowed to pick them up!

Also, if you are operating at that high level you should have some PA to sort out all this crap as I guarantee you will fuck it up.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic