Can western women find relationship success with western men in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Can western women find relationship success with western men in Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Would you men look twice at a western woman after dating an Asian woman? I’m not interested at all. Some have said the most miserable men in Cambodia are the ones who brought their wives.
Stay classy na
B6LC
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: Can western women find relationship success with western men in Cambodia

Post by B6LC »

''Look twice''? I would'nt even look sideways at them!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I know a lot of western women here, and I'm always up for meeting more. We share a culture and it's easy to find common talking points. I'm not at all interested in dating local women. While they are often cute and entrancing they generally don't know a whole lot about the world, plus they tend to be superstitious and traditional and hugely materialistic, and have very jealous characters. Not all of course, but many.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

In a land where Khmer woman go Kru Khmer for love potions and spells to bewitch men, and plenty of examples were bewitched men dump their wives, is there any mystery that Khmer women do their best to guard against such supernatural interference (aka jealousy)?

Western women usually give off a vibe of ‘I don’t need you”, Khmer women believe a man completes them as a couple.

Just my opinions, of course.
AM34
Expatriate

Post by AM34 »

I haven't had much luck with Khmer women. Have found it hard to find those who are educated, independent, comparable income, fluent in English, and have shared values (and are still single).

But have come to know terrific women from other countries in the region (Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, Taiwan). I tend to go in that direction rather than Western women.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:35 pm In a land where Khmer woman go Kru Khmer for love potions and spells to bewitch men, and plenty of examples were bewitched men dump their wives, is there any mystery that Khmer women do their best to guard against such supernatural interference (aka jealousy)?

Western women usually give off a vibe of ‘I don’t need you”, Khmer women believe a man completes them as a couple.

Just my opinions, of course.
Jealousy is supernatural interference? No wonder some women give off that vibe.
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Give up on westerns long time ago... had a fair crack at trying them over the years tho...

How about another question: how does you relationship change once your partner becomes more *westernised*

which I think applies more to people who live in the western world with there partners
I mean, life was easier and better when she wasn't so familiar?
My question is obviously a bit playful but curious of your thoughts...
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

David Gordon wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:37 pm Would you men look twice at a western woman after dating an Asian woman? Some have said the most miserable men in Cambodia are the ones who brought their wives.
What a load of BS.

Some have said that men who date asian woman are the ones who cant get one at home.

Same BS.

We all have different tastes and preferences. There are many ways of getting happy (or miserable).
work is for people who cant find truffles
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

David Gordon wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:37 pm Would you men look twice at a western woman after dating an Asian woman?
Yes, why not? Is there some reason you put Asian women on a pedestal? Even in my small neighborhood "Asian women" come in all sorts of shapes, types and temperaments. Fetishizing them as if they were all perfect and somehow all better than western women is just ridiculous. :?

GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Living in NYC I was dating Asian women years before I ever thought about moving to Cambodia. Of course, some were born in USA so guess that's not in the group?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic