Can western women find relationship success with western men in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Can western women find relationship success with western men in Cambodia

Post by TheImplication »

Big Daikon wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:14 am
angsta wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:03 pm
mannanman wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:12 pm
atst wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:08 pm I love asian woman but many of my mates back in Australia can't stand them and think they are unattractive, they tell me they can't understand why I like them, well that's what they tell me.
Maybe, bear with me, they dislike anyone who’s not an white Australian perchance?

Nothing to do with Asian just blatant racism.
Maybe, just maybe, they have preference? Or isn't that allowed anymore in 2022?
In 2022, having preferences is racist. Dating white women is racist. Liking Asian women is also racist.
Your comment is racist against racists. Even the racists calling others racist may be offended by this level of racism. The racist community would likely frown on these racist shenanigans.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

atst wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:41 am
mannanman wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:25 pm
atst wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:08 pm I love asian woman but many of my mates back in Australia can't stand them and think they are unattractive, they tell me they can't understand why I like them, well that's what they tell me.
Maybe, bear with me, they dislike anyone who’s not an white Australian perchance?

A preference is not finding them attractive. “Can’t stand them” is a little OTT and maybe is indicative of the people you hang out with.

RACISTS!

Maybe you’re a closet racist.
Do you only hang out with people who totally agree with everything you do, that sounds pretty boring.
They would say the same about African women.
Western women in S.E.A have not much to choose from the expats, and most single guys I'd think prefer the younger asian girls, does that make us racist in 2022. In 2019 we were dirty old men , not sure which label I hate more. :O:
I think you miss the point I and other posters have made. Maybe it was the words you used.

"Can't stand them" to me means they hate them. How can anyone hate an entire race of people? Do they even know any Asian girls, and if they do why do they now hate the lot of them?
Not finding them attractive is fine. I don't find fat or women that smoke attractive but I don't hate them. That is a bit extreme.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

A preference is not finding them attractive. “Can’t stand them” is a little OTT and maybe is indicative of the people you hang out with.

RACISTS!

Do you only hang out with people who totally agree with everything you do, that sounds pretty boring.
Western women in S.E.A have not much to choose from the expats, and most single guys I'd think prefer the younger asian girls, does that make us racist in 2022. In 2019 we were dirty old men , not sure which label I hate more. :O:
Sorry, but I think you are hurting your case when you say your friends would say the same about African women.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:15 pm I know a lot of western women here, and I'm always up for meeting more. We share a culture and it's easy to find common talking points. I'm not at all interested in dating local women. While they are often cute and entrancing they generally don't know a whole lot about the world, plus they tend to be superstitious and traditional and hugely materialistic, and have very jealous characters. Not all of course, but many.
I also enjoy talking to Western girls, for a female perspective, and to actually be able to talk to them normally.
That's nothing against the locals, and there are, of course, some locals that I can have a conversation with normally. But if I end up in a girl bar, it has to have a pool table because I'm not going to sit and try talking about what I last ate, where I'm from and how long I've been here.
I'm sure they find it hard as well, but that's their job.
In saying that, I have no inclination to date a western girl.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

RACISTS!

Closet? Fully blown.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

angsta wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:45 pm

RACISTS!

Closet? Fully blown.
David Caradine was fully blown in the closet.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

mannanman wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:05 am

RACISTS!

I think you miss the point I and other posters have made. Maybe it was the words you used.

"Can't stand them" to me means they hate them. How can anyone hate an entire race of people? Do they even know any Asian girls, and if they do why do they now hate the lot of them?
Not finding them attractive is fine. I don't find fat or women that smoke attractive but I don't hate them. That is a bit extreme.
Kenr wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:15 am

RACISTS!

Sorry, but I think you are hurting your case when you say your friends would say the same about African women.

It’s my opinion that the two labelling atst’s friends racist and bigoted are simply showing yourselves to be narrow minded.

Come on….

It’s likely they are also sexist misogynists.

:bigeyes:
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Get back to the kitchen woman. (If you can find it)
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

mannanman wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:25 am Get back to the kitchen woman. (If you can find it)
Is this meant to be funny?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:31 am
mannanman wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:25 am Get back to the kitchen woman. (If you can find it)
Is this meant to be funny?
Oh pull your head in.
It was directed towards violet who knows it is meant to be tongue in cheek banter. She does not need you to stick up for her, she is quite capable of doing that herself.

You are always giving her shit and "blocking" her. You are oh so offended at everything. Yeez. :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic