Many students dead and missing after ferry sinking

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Many students dead and missing after ferry sinking

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

MarkArmstrong wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:55 am
reggie perrin's dad wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:36 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:45 am
reggie perrin's dad wrote:And there was cynical old me expecting a pointless bump from the latest thread necromancer.

Some good news here at least!
How is it a bump?

New info on new rules from lessons learned.

Hopefully another tragedy can be avoided.
Maybe a transition from the old thinking of karma, to bad things can be prevented or mitigated.

Maybe a glimmer of hope for the future.
It is a bump, isn't it? Albeit one with pertinent new information.

I said I was expecting a pointless bump as I know the story is a while old. The implication there is that I realised I was wrong. Come on NewKid, your missus would''ve picked up on that with her ACE reading skills!
Check the dates before you accuse someone of being a necromancer
Oh Mark...

Your post doesn't make a bit of sense, you necromantic old fool :Rose:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Many students dead and missing after ferry sinking

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: Some welcome news.

September 26, 2023
Bridge to be built where children tragically drowned
Almost a year has passed since 11 children drowned while attempting to cross the Mekong River to the island where their village is located, and authorities have said they will build a bridge to connect the island to the mainland.

The children from Koh Chamroeun village lost their lives when the boat they used to return from school sank. Authorities have claimed a bridge will be built to connect the village to the mainland to prevent further incidents.

However, for the time being, villagers are forced to cross the river by boat.

The village is on a 50-hectare island with a population of 500 families surrounded by the Mekong River. Due to a lack of infrastructure, such as bridges and roads, transportation to and on the island is limited.

The people of the village face great difficulties in their daily lives, especially during the rainy season when the Mekong River’s water level rises and flooding occurs.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501366318/ ... y-drowned/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic