Online Lotion Seller Shows Off New Ferrari

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Online Lotion Seller Shows Off New Ferrari

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: Ms Molika Detained
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The Investigating Judge of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court finally issued a detention order for Oeun Molika, female, 27 years old, occupation: business, address: House 10, Street Borey Varina, Sangkat Kraing Thnong, Khan Sen Sok, Phnom Penh, on charges of failure to perform obligations on traded instruments, i.e. involving the issuance of US$ 365,000 of worthless checks.

The suspect, Oeun Molika, is charged with two criminal cases of writing hundreds of thousands of dollars bad checks .
Complaint 1: Ms. Oeun Molika issues a cashless check of US $ 300,000 to Samphos Soly Da, a pong player,
Complaint 2: Oeun Molika, issued a cashless check to Ty Channou for $ 65,000.
The above case was handed over to Phnom Penh Municipal Court Investigating Judge Tith Dalin after a preliminary two-day investigation. The judge then decided to issue a detention order for the suspect to be temporarily imprisoned on the evening of December 18, 2022.
Please be informed that the Phnom Penh Military Police at 15:25 on December 14, 2022 arrested you Ms. Oeun Molika, according to the arrest warrant issued by HE Chreung Khmao, Prosecutor of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court, No. 563 A ,dated 12 December 2022, related to the case of non-fulfillment of obligations for traded instruments (issuing dud checks), that took place in Phnom Penh.
The charges were filed following complaints by several Tong Tin "players" who invested/gambled money with the accused. It should be noted that Oeun Molika, a former singer, turned to selling products online. After that, she announced the opening of a large Tong Tin game online, asking her fans to play with her, and, because she always showed photos of herself looking rich with expensive luxury cars and wads of millions of US dollars on social media, there were many customers who wanted to play pong (or tong tin or tontine*) with her, believing that they too would become rich like her.
Then, suddenly at the end of November 2022, Ms. Oeun Molika declared bankruptcy. Subsequently, she declared before the court that she did not cheat anyone, and that she considers herself to be a victim, because she has no money left. However, Ms Molika did admit to financial negligence toward the pong players.
To be continued.

* CEO thread discussing Tong Tin:
topic6769.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

That is a very saddening development. Heartbreaking.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The suspect, Oeun Molika, is charged with two criminal cases of writing hundreds of thousands of dollars bad checks .
Complaint 1: Ms. Oeun Molika issues a cashless check of US $ 300,000 to Samphos Soly Da, a pong player,
Complaint 2: Oeun Molika, issued a cashless check to Ty Channou for $ 65,000.
Damn, you'd have to be very trusting or stupid to accept a personal cheque for such amounts. :facepalm: Do they have such a thing as a 'bank cheque' in Cambodia?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:12 pm UPDATE: Ms Molika Detained

So, $200,000 in cash for an online lotion seller. As all receipts are online, and all big purchases will be made electronically, you really wouldn't need more than $500 walking around money. I rarely carry more than $100.

Two questions that will definitely not have been asked: "Where did you get it?" (if paying it in) or "Where is it going?" (if drawing it out)

If the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) need any clues as to what bank to look out for when they visit in January, this picture should tell them all they need to know.

I can't see Cambodia getting off that grey list soon. This year they added the UAE - yes Dubai and Abu Dhabi - to the list*. They are the financial hub of the middle east. They are very well connected and richer than God, yet they couldn't stay off it.

Want to see the company we keep on that list?

Albania
Barbados
Burkina Faso
Cambodia
Cayman Islands
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Gibraltar
Haiti
Jamaica
Jordan
Mali
Morocco
Mozambique
Panama
Philippines
Senegal
South Sudan
Syria
Tanzania
Türkiye
Uganda
United Arab Emirates
Yemen

https://www.fatf-gafi.org/publications/ ... -2022.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/05/uae-is- ... list-.html
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I always just assumed that the money she flashed was as real as her fake chin, and that the cars were borrowed.

Interesting though, that Ms Molika could start up a tong tin/pyramid scheme on social media without being troubled by those very competent authorities, who spend their days scanning social media for the least bit of 'iake news', nsulting comments to the wrong people, and photos of half-naked women selling lotions that are an affront to Cambodian womanhood.
And meanwhile this woman is swindling suckers for hundreds of thousands of dollars without a care - until she gets sued.. :?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Singer-Turned-Online Seller Arrested Over ‘Tong Tin’ Fraud
3 min read
Mech Dara
| Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:22 pm
A former singer at Phnom Penh’s infamous Rock Entertainment nightclub has been charged with financial crimes and could face years in jail over a tong tin savings scheme she claims went awry.

Oeun Molika, who has been selling lotions, clothes and food such as pickled chicken feet on Facebook, was arrested last week by military police, which posted a photograph of her at a desk with piles of cash.

She was formerly a singer at Rock, a nightclub run by tycoon Kith Meng’s brother Kith Theang that was shut down in 2019 in a drug bust. Theang was sent to jail in the bust, though he rarely appeared to be inside, missing court hearings as prison officials explained that he was out on health checkups.

Phnom Penh Municipal Court spokesperson Y Rin said Wednesday that Molika had been sent to Prey Sar Prison’s Correctional Center 2 on charges of noncompliance under the Law on Negotiable Instruments and Payment Transactions.

The article under which she has been charged, 231, has punishments ranging from one to five years in prison.

Molika has amassed millions of Facebook followers — 2 million on her personal page and 1.4 million on her business account — to whom she pleaded innocence in video posts ahead of her arrest.

On November 22, she said in a video viewed by half a million people that she was the victim in a tong tin scheme gone wrong, but she would be paying people back as she was the boss.

Tong tin is an informal Cambodian savings scheme where members of a group regularly contribute interest payments, and periodically one member is allowed to withdraw the pot based on a bidding process.

“I have not cheated any tong tin member, and tong tin members have only cheated me. But I am the boss and I have to bear responsibility for it. … I will pay it all back but it will be in phases,” she says in the video, explaining vaguely that other members had claimed to have contributed thousands of dollars while only transferring $1 to the pot.

A video a week later says she is filing a case for fraud against the person who cheated her.
https://vodenglish.news/singer-turned-o ... tin-fraud/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
chriz_PP
Expatriate
China

Post by chriz_PP »

it's always good to see people sticking to their preferred styles and colors no matter what.

we should change the headline to "lotion seller shows off her new side" or "lotion seller shows off her newest outfit"

love how she's trying to hide her handcuffs.

xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

No idea who she is apart from the sparse posts I've casually come across on here, but, and I think this might be a uniquely British thing, anyone who flaunts their wealth in this way, posting pictures of themselves surrounded by piles of dollar bills, or sitting in their luxury sports cars gets an instant dislike from me.

What she's really saying in pictures like this is "I got all of this from f***ing idiots like you that bizarrely seem to idolise everything that I say and do". That other guy, Andrew Tate, is no different.

I have no problem with successful people, but there's a dignity that goes along with success, and unless you realise that, you will always be setting yourself up for a fall.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

January 20, 2023
Disgraced internet celebrity Molika questioned on new fraud charges
Before
After
Online lotion celebrity Oeun Molika – whose flamboyant lifestyle of new cars, expensive houses and a seemingly inexhaustible supply of $100 bills dramatically crashed to earth when she was arrested for fraud – faced new charges yesterday in court.

The former lotion superstar was sent to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court on January 19, 2023, for questioning on a new complaint related to fraud on the orders of Mr. Seng Meng Srun, Deputy Prosecutor of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court.

Sources from the court confirmed that the fraud case handled by Deputy Prosecutor Seng Meng Srun was filed by plaintiff Voeun Davin, a 21-year-old female, but the amount of the fraud was not known.

The Investigating Judge of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court had previously detained the 27 year old suspect on charges of ‘Failure to perform obligations on traded instruments’ involving the issuance of cashless checks for at least $365,000.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501223066/ ... d-charges/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

September 6, 2023
Fallen idol: Online lotion celebrity appears in court
Disgraced online lotion celebrity Oeun Molika – whose glamorous lifestyle hid the fact that she was defrauding trusting investors of millions of dollars – appeared in court yesterday, with a verdict expected on the 19th of September

The trial, which is presided over by Judges Pich Vicheathor and Vong Savath, charges 28-year-old Oeun Molika with failing to comply with trafficking in Phnom Penh in 2022.

Online lotion celebrity Oeun Molika – whose flamboyant lifestyle of new cars, expensive houses and a seemingly inexhaustible supply of $100 bills dramatically crashed to earth when she was arrested for fraud in 2022 – has admitted that she stole millions of dollars in a ‘tontine’ scheme – a system for raising capital in which individuals pay into a common pool of money and receive dividends based on their share of returns from investments made with the pooled money.

The former star was well known on social media for displays of conspicuous consumption and flaunting of her wealth on social media.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501355825/ ... -in-court/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic