Online Lotion Seller Shows Off New Ferrari

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Online Lotion Seller Shows Off New Ferrari

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Her business looks like more than just a hobby..

ImageImageImageImage

And dunno what the story is with the car plates..

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

No doubt she is shifting a lot of product, however I'm not all that convinced about these being reputable businesses. The tax department should get on the case.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

..shouty and crude..
:?:

angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:30 pm If you've got it, flaunt it !

Don't be shy now.
Is the the same lady? hard to tell if it is or that is the standard look for an online seller :beer3:

newsworthy/beautiful-girl-selling-makeu ... 32936.html
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Pyramid selling.
People of the world, spice up your life.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

mannanman wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:54 pm Pyramid selling.
Seems like one explanation. There were loads of MLMs around a few years ago, I used to meet quite a few of the dolled-up boss-babes who worked for one of them in a giant newly-built office block in the south of the city. I found it a bit depressing because I knew they were just scamming people while being part of the scam themselves. Even the most confident ones moved on after a few months after they realized they had run out of naive friends and what a pile of crap they were involved in. :roll:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

IraHayes wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:13 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:19 pm
Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:11 pm There's $$$$ to be made selling online it seems..

Take Madam Bra of Facebook fame for instance..now sells more than just bras with hair care products and wierd products like nipple hiders, undersole of feet detox pads et al.

Anyway, business must be doing good coz not only has she also opened a bricks and mortar shop but hubby and her have just upgraded to a luxo mansion with the mandatory Range Rover in Borey Phnom Penh Thmey.
With the kind support from the Armed Forces.

That plate saved them 50-60k in taxes.
Beat me to it lol
Her business will be just a hobby tbh. That plate tells us where the real money is coming from lol.
I am not sure. I know quite a few girls around here buying their cream online in Phnom Penh and they receive it in a locally branded pot which will cost them 25 bucks of more.

I can imagine this 'business lady' importing barrels full of cheap cream with aggressive components actually bleaching the skin and selling them per pot at a large profit. No one checks the contents of the cream, so that's no issue.

I would not be surprised if she actually made serious money.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

the other side of the story
my wifes sister brought into the scam, where your purchase $2,0000 of the product at wholesale prices an than you sell, was supposed to be support and return product Guarantee
after trying hard via fb an all her friends an with no back up support couldn't unload the stuff so asked to return it
NOPE
so she took to the media and stated in bad mouthing the lady an product

2 years down the road ( this happened last month) the lady sent her a summons via court, she was being sued $200,000 for slander!!!
thru a lawyer it was arranged if she paid the police ( which she did) $10,000 it would all go away

ahh Cambodia
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:37 am the other side of the story
my wifes sister brought into the scam, where your purchase $2,0000 of the product at wholesale prices an than you sell, was supposed to be support and return product Guarantee
after trying hard via fb an all her friends an with no back up support couldn't unload the stuff so asked to return it
NOPE

so she took to the media and stated in bad mouthing the lady an product

2 years down the road ( this happened last month) the lady sent her a summons via court, she was being sued $200,000 for slander!!!
thru a lawyer it was arranged if she paid the police ( which she did) $10,000 it would all go away

ahh Cambodia
My family also got caught in this MLM scam for $6,000 with house title taken as security for the loan at KKredit. Ended up costing me $10,000 plus interest $3,000 to save the house.
Spoiler:
stupid bitch,
Spoiler:
and stupid me
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by newsgatherer »

It looks like a bad case of group psychology when you see someone who might once be good looking in a natural way make all sorts of changes to their face for fashionable reasons. I see them at Aeon and it's a sight similar to what I saw in Hollywood in the 90s. I guess it's a case of serious insecurity mixed with medical teams that should be saving the lives of the poor instead of changing the faces of the rich in such deceptive ways.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic