Cambodian eviction law

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Cambodian eviction law

Post by phuketrichard »

Thailand its a NO NO

i've never skinny dipped in a pool, lakes an open water yes
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:41 pm The only people allowed to go around nude are mental people
- and that's not always for long! There have been a few around
over the years.

After a while they get rounded up and put in a re-education center.
Then you never see them again - possibly because they start putting
on clothes and blending in with the general population.
8)

Do you have any stories about nude maniacs? I do. They aren't that good but if you post some I will tell these lame tales.
Entering naked or butt naked on search here comes up with quite a few stories.

Here's a memorable one post473582.html#p473582 sadly the guy had mental/drinking issues and from memory has returned to his home country for treatment.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

HappyChappy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:41 am Okay......I messed up.

I came back to my condo with my girlfriend and found that the door to the pool was still open, at the time of 2am we went skinny dipping.

I've just been informed by the building that it's indecent exposure (even though there was no one there) and I need to move out in a week. Is there any way I can fight this???

Now the landlord is separate and my contract is with him. They quoted article 249 of the Cambodian criminal code, no indecent exposure in a public place. But at 2am there was no one there, and I'm hoping I can argue it's not a public place as it's in the building.

I really just want to know what rights they have. Frankly if I start quoting laws and make things difficult they might just get bored, tell me not to do it again, and give me a slap on the wrist.

Can someone PLEASE give me some ammo to try and fight this?!? Because I'm clueless on the matter.

They're talking about taking legal action if I don't leave the building, which would be unfortunate.

Do I have rights to request the evidence? It was 2am with the lights off....I'm assuming they don't have evidence......but assumptions are famously bad ideas.
So how did it end?
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:14 am Thailand its a NO NO

i've never skinny dipped in a pool, lakes an open water yes
Yea well Cambodia ain't exactly fucking YES YES, but I am still alive and well......well alive at least.
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:59 am
HappyChappy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:41 am Okay......I messed up.

I came back to my condo with my girlfriend and found that the door to the pool was still open, at the time of 2am we went skinny dipping.

I've just been informed by the building that it's indecent exposure (even though there was no one there) and I need to move out in a week. Is there any way I can fight this???

Now the landlord is separate and my contract is with him. They quoted article 249 of the Cambodian criminal code, no indecent exposure in a public place. But at 2am there was no one there, and I'm hoping I can argue it's not a public place as it's in the building.

I really just want to know what rights they have. Frankly if I start quoting laws and make things difficult they might just get bored, tell me not to do it again, and give me a slap on the wrist.

Can someone PLEASE give me some ammo to try and fight this?!? Because I'm clueless on the matter.

They're talking about taking legal action if I don't leave the building, which would be unfortunate.

Do I have rights to request the evidence? It was 2am with the lights off....I'm assuming they don't have evidence......but assumptions are famously bad ideas.
So how did it end?
I did a risk to benefit analysis....... My buddy has space at his while I look for a new apartment. But I ain't getting the deposit back so I'm spending a month on a couch half my size until payday 😑😑

Sorry I should have mentioned....... I'm a pay cheque to pay cheque kinda guy. Hence the stupid decisions.

I seriously need to grow up and jump on this crypto currency situation everyone's getting rich off.
verdebandit
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by verdebandit »

Investing in crypto when you live month to month is a great way to spend more time living in friends couches.
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

verdebandit wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:47 pm Investing in crypto when you live month to month is a great way to spend more time living in friends couches.
In his defense he lets me live on it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic