is it ok or crime ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: is it ok or crime ?

Post by vladimir »

The only reason having your lights on during teh day is because of teh status attached. only ambulances/police/military and okhnas are allowed to have lights on.

Fucktard retarded colonial French-Khmer legislators, who probably never drove anything other than a buffalo or a baguette, put this 'law' into effect.

It's apparently also illegal to honk after dark, because of the ...wait for it...noise.

Alice in Bongoland.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

people honk here in sihanoukville at night, mainly only at junctions because of the fact no one stops at the lights and its a free for all, so everyone just honks and hopes for the best
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I think in Cambodia we think it's ok if we show underaged victim or suspect's picture on news. But I learn from you that they should be hided to protect them because they are children. In Cambodia we don't send uderage to jail or sentance, but we send them to a place to educate them if they do something against the law. I think the police officers and the writers should be trained more about child's right.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Anchor Moy wrote:Throwing your rubbish any place except a rubbish bin is also frowned upon in western countries and sometimes it is a crime.
One of the most extreme examples is Singapore where they say you can be arrested for dropping a cigarette butt, and chewing gum is illegal.
Yes, throwing the lift is ok in Cambodia because we don't have the law to punish them yet. I'm sick of telling people to change their bad behavouir. If we don't conduct the law about throwing the rubbish then we have to take too long time to change people's thought. I saw in Sweden they are successful in recycle, but they took 20years. I wish throwing rubbish in public was crime in cambodia.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Yes, turning light on at day time is a crime in Cambodia, except you are VIP or in case you want to have priority when you turn or across the road. But if you don't turn on the light at night is ok. In some coutries you need to turn it on at day time because you have high way and drive faster than in Cambodia. Here we have small roads and busy traffic. No police will fine you, but for your safe you need to turn it on at night while you are driving in order to see the roads well and another drivers can see us better.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:people honk here in sihanoukville at night, mainly only at junctions because of the fact no one stops at the lights and its a free for all, so everyone just honks and hopes for the best
I think it's crime if we don't stop when red light, but in Phnom Penh most of traffic lights are only yellow from 9pm up to. So we don't stop, just go and be careful.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

phuketrichard wrote:pissing against any wall at any time Illegal

Cambodia...." hey i got to go"
I hate seeing people piss in the public!!! There is not cold in Cambodia, many restaurants and super markets, they can go for it. Why they don't? Even the wall is wrotten " the place for dog to piss" but they still shameless to do it. We are not rich like Germany, but I think it is good strategy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wor ... -pee-back/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic