Breaking : Mass Shooting at Childcare Centre (Nong Bua Lamphu, Thailand)

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Breaking : Mass Shooting at Childcare Centre

Post by Freightdog »

From the various updates within the reporting, there seems to be a pattern of unhinged behaviour.

I’ll warrant that his dismissal from the police was done with mostly their own interests served-
-removing a criminal officer
-minimising loss of face
-shifting the problem for someone else to deal with

His actions, however, suggest that a lot more control over him and the situation was required. I don’t see him, or many folk, waking up one morning and being a danger to themselves and others, yet the day before not being much of a concern to anyone.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:39 pm From the various updates within the reporting, there seems to be a pattern of unhinged behaviour.

I’ll warrant that his dismissal from the police was done with mostly their own interests served-
-minimising loss of face

His actions, however, suggest that a lot more control over him and the situation was required. I don’t see him, or many folk, waking up one morning and being a danger to themselves and others, yet the day before not being much of a concern to anyone.
From what's being reported he tried to get help from the local authority in relation to his drugs case and they refused, the school was owned by the local authority so it sounds like his way of getting back at them. Like you say you'd think the kind of grudge that built up to such an extreme outcome might have been more apparent.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:39 pm From the various updates within the reporting, there seems to be a pattern of unhinged behaviour.

-minimising loss of face

It starts to become a pattern, wasn't there a lunatic soldier a few years ago doing a similar thing in a mall in Eastern Thailand?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:12 pm

-minimising loss of face

From what's being reported he tried to get help from the local authority in relation to his drugs case and they refused, the school was owned by the local authority so it sounds like his way of getting back at them. Like you say you'd think the kind of grudge that built up to such an extreme outcome might have been more apparent.
That's bad shit. I just saw a video from Russia, an angry guy shot the local high shot in charge of the military mobilization because he didn't agree with the (corrupt) way it was done, but he didn't kill his kid(s), or the kids learning with them.

Revenge like this is beyond awful.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:24 pm

-minimising loss of face

That's bad shit. I just saw a video from Russia, an angry guy shot the local high shot in charge of the military mobilization because he didn't agree with the (corrupt) way it was done, but he didn't kill his kid(s), or the kids learning with them.

He was due in court tomorrow on the drugs charges so I guess that's the relevant factor timing wise - may actually have been this morning !
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:46 pm
Kammekor wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:24 pm

-minimising loss of face

He was due in court tomorrow on the drugs charges so I guess that's the relevant factor timing wise - may actually have been this morning !
Timewise I get it, but holy f@ck. Shooting kids.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:20 pm Timewise I get it, but holy f@ck. Shooting kids.
He stabbed most of the kids. Just unbelievable.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-06/ ... /101510188

The man had been in court earlier in the day and had then gone to the daycare centre to collect his child, police spokesperson Paisal Luesomboon told broadcaster ThaiPBS.

When he did not find his child there he began the killing spree, Mr Paisal said.

"He started shooting, slashing, killing children at the Utai Sawan daycare centre," he said.

Police said that the former police officer had legally purchased the gun he used in the attack, but that he used a knife, mainly, in the killing of the children at the facility.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Breaking : Mass Shooting at Childcare Centre (Nong Bua Lamphu, Thailand)

Post by ItWasntMe »

Looks like they were having a nap at the time. The kids were mostly on their blankets, seems they never had the chance to run.

A family laying down next to each other also seem to have understood the situation a tad too late.

There is some cruelty in this world that is for sure.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Right, not reading anymore of this story. Finished.
People of the world, spice up your life.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

sad;
Oct 7: 36 killed in mass shooting in Thailand
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic