Accommodation

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Accommodation

Post by Londonmail »

Can any recommend any where for a month stay in jan...

I guess alot has changed since I was there last...

:)

Tanx alot
Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Accommodation

Post by Kangaruchi »

:?:
If you provide a bit of specifics to your question you may get relevant responses.
eg where in Cambodia, if PP what area, what are your interests, and an indicative price range.
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

In PP

I used to always stay in Nana hotel, stayed a alot of others but this was most frequently used. Never get lost. 😄
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

bookings.com
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

For a one month stay, I'd just rent an apartment or a condo (depending on your preference) on Airbnb. Plenty on offer. If you prefer a hotel, it would probably be best to contact them directly for special longstay deals.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

If you want to stay in the thick of it, try Luxe on 136 or for something a bit more budget, the Riverside Phnom Penh which is next door to the Luxe, is open again and they will definitely do a deal for a monthly stay.

If you want to keep a bit of distance from the swamp, try a guesthouse house such as Lonestar on street 23. They will give a good deal for a monthly booking; they have a bar downstairs, decent food and plenty of locals drink there so a rich source of information of what's going on.

Wherever you book, you might want to consider only booking somewhere for couple of days and see if you like the place and, if so, then offer the longer term deal and also have a look around a few other places.

Whatever you do, don't book and pay in advance for anywhere, the concept of 'refunds' is not understood here.
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Thanks,
I think I might just do that, decide once I'm there.

don't think I will stay on 136 again 😀
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Londonmail wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:04 pm Thanks,
I think I might just do that, decide once I'm there.

don't think I will stay on 136 again 😀
Haha, not many people do it more than once!

Try Lonestar, it's a good base that's in a quiet street but close enough to the action and other conveniences.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Lon ... 27!9m1!1b1
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Sounds like a plan. Can't wait. We'll overdue trip.
Was thinking of sundance 172 but alot could change from now til then.

Any flights all booked everything else is easy :)
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Londonmail wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:40 pm Sounds like a plan. Can't wait. We'll overdue trip.
Was thinking of sundance 172 but alot could change from now til then.

Any flights all booked everything else is easy :)
Sundance is filthy dirty, the Lone Star will be a lot better choice, the rooms are enormous and pleasant.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic