coming soon

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

coming soon

Post by 2sevensclash »

I am going on walkabout for a couple of months to avoid the UK weather. Starting in Bombay then up to Calcutta on a train and then fly to Thailand. I fancy coming to Cambodia overland. I am not leaving here until Nov 1 st so plenty of time.
Is the land border open and can I get a visa on arrival ? 30 days is plenty.
thanks
Province
Expatriate
Mexico

Re: coming soon

Post by Province »

Land borders are open and you get VOA 30 days.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

There are also no Covid restrictions anymore in Cambodia.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

The road trip sounds interesting, too. I for one would welcome photos and words on the experience.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

2sevensclash wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:28 pm I am going on walkabout for a couple of months to avoid the UK weather. Starting in Bombay then up to Calcutta on a train and then fly to Thailand. I fancy coming to Cambodia overland. I am not leaving here until Nov 1 st so plenty of time.
thanks
dont ya mean across to Calcutta? Once there head north to Darjeeling, fantastic place
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:59 pm
2sevensclash wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:28 pm I am going on walkabout for a couple of months to avoid the UK weather. Starting in Bombay then up to Calcutta on a train and then fly to Thailand. I fancy coming to Cambodia overland. I am not leaving here until Nov 1 st so plenty of time.
thanks
dont ya mean across to Calcutta? Once there head north to Darjeeling, fantastic place
You might still need a special permit to enter, not sure, but Sikkim is up there too.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:26 pm The road trip sounds interesting, too. I for one would welcome photos and words on the experience.
2nd this, travel pics always welcome!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Might i make a suggestion as one who has travelled alot of India by Bicycle., train, flying and bus's

Forget Bombay< fly into Delhi than train to Agra, train to Varanasi- Overland up to Kathmandu Nepal, (crazy to be in that part of the world and skip Nepal) figure 7 days for Kathmandu valley, 12 if you want take in Pokhara and 4+ weeks if you really want see Nepal by trekking into the mtns, The Annapurna trek is amazing and u can walk the whole way or take jeeps and even bus's if ur time is running out
Than bus across to Siliguri and than the toy train up to Darjeeling, Back down to Calcutta fly to Bangkok

figure 2 months excluding the trekking

OR Fly into Delhi- trains across to Agra- Varanasi- Calcutta- up to Darjeeling , across to Kathmandu and fly to Bangkok

enjoy
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Bombay, Calcutta? Do you guys still think it's the days of the Raj or something?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:32 am Bombay, Calcutta? Do you guys still think it's the days of the Raj or something?
Calcutta is a great city an staying at the Fairlawn does make it feel like ur in a era of days gone by :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic