Sponsoring a bar girl

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Funflyer
Expatriate
Australia

Sponsoring a bar girl

Post by Funflyer »

I'm just wondering the about the pros and cons of sponsoring a Cambodian bar girl and the cost. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to rescue anyone from a bar and I'm sure she would continue to see other customers but just help with a little bit of money on a monthly basis and in return chat with her a bit when I'm back home. It would be great to hear from anyone who has sponsored a girl and any insights people might have. Also importantly, what sort of amount is reasonable to pay for this sort of service??
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Sponsoring a bar girl

Post by rozzieoz »

Why do you want to do this?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Funflyer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Funflyer »

Good question! I'm not sure if I will but thinking about it. I met a girl who I like but I am under no illusions that our time together was anything more than a "transaction" even though we did have fun so I guess I just want to help her out a bit and have ongoing communication while I'm away. I guess a kind of "preferred customer status" As I said before I'm not going to try to recue her from the bar
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

would you be okay with sponsoring her if you knew she was also getting regular payments from others?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I wonder how many other guys are "preferred customers" as well. She's obviously very good at her job if you're willing to pay her for absolutely nothing while you're not in the country.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
MrBen87
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MrBen87 »

hahah sounds like a new UNICEF program -" for just $100 per month you can sponsor a bar girl , with your help she can get her nails and hair done and eat a big seafood dinner "

Joking aside , ask yourself what do you gain ?

I´m sure shes a lovely girl and you had some good times but I would advise against it .
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

What's her name and phone number?

If she's that good I'd like to take a look myself, along with a lot of blokes reading this thread.

She'll thank you far more for bringing her a bunch of new punters.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Pay her for each time you chat with her. I’m sure she sees it that way already.

As to how much, does she know exactly how much you can spend? Because that’s how much she needs from you, and then some.

Life of a bar girl is expensive. Must have Scoopy, or Zoomer X, latest watch and phone. And the daily make up and nail salon sessions all add up. As well as her latest in ‘professional’ work clothes. Family needs medical treatment in Vietnam or Thailand. And the cows need hospital.

There are no pros, just cons. Sorry.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Funflyer wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:30 am I'm just wondering the about the pros and cons of sponsoring a Cambodian bar girl and the cost. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to rescue anyone from a bar and I'm sure she would continue to see other customers but just help with a little bit of money on a monthly basis and in return chat with her a bit when I'm back home. It would be great to hear from anyone who has sponsored a girl and any insights people might have. Also importantly, what sort of amount is reasonable to pay for this sort of service??
Funflyer
Expatriate
Australia
Re: Introduce Yourself
Post by Funflyer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:20 pm

Australian of retirement age. Currently living in Perth but have previously lived in Thailand (8 years) and Cambodia (1 year). I have a Cambodian partner and two kids age 7 and 6 who are all in Australia at the moment. Looking to return to live in Cambodia to live within the next 12 months. I am a qualified teacher and have previously taught at ACE. I will probably look for some part time work when we return. I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum.

What happened to your previous Cambodian partner and 2 kids ?
Funflyer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Funflyer »

Separated, actually divorced now
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic