Sponsoring a bar girl

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Re: Sponsoring a bar girl

Post by mossie »

If you are emotionally attached to this girl, I'll think it won't end up good for you. I wish you best of luck whatever you decide to do. It's not about money.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

sammycooke wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:58 am LETTER FROM A BAR GIRL

Dear FunFlyer

I love you and I miss you too much. My friend bar say you old man look same same monkey but I know you hansum man. I have problem I write you before that buffalo me sick. Now it die fall down and dead in middle of rice field. Bad fortune when it fall it fall on papa and break leg he three place. Now he not work. Brother me make stretcher bamboo he take from roof house. Roof come down and rain in house. He take papa to hospital on motorcycle. Have big accident when he come home hit police car. Police say brother me blame. Police say he pay big money. Not worry darling motorcycle OK but police car bad broken. Bad luck make Mama heart problem. Doctor say she must triple by pass. I no understand but brother me say you understand.

You know darling I only work in bar and not go with man. I wait for you come back Hua Hin but if you no help me I go with many many many many farang get pay bills money.

Old people my village say you responsible if you send money me before buy medicine sick buffalo then it not die papa no break leg house have roof brother no ride into police car mama no have heart problem.

Send me 500,000 baht for my bank. Papa fix 50,000, new roof 30,000, new police car 200,000, Mama fix 150,000. I take off 2,000 baht for sell buffalo meat but me have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have problem eat contaminated meat 12,000 baht. I do not know money England but my brother me say me it 52.2424 mid market rate close of trading yesterday. This means you send me 10,000 your pound.

I love you darling

Noi.
Did you copy that?
Funflyer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Funflyer »

So far so good. We talk and message every day. There have been no requests for extra money. While she was was working she'd often message me from the bar as well. Completely on her own decision she's now returned home so isn't working in a bar, for the time being at least. I will visit soon and we will review the situation to see what the next few months will look like.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:09 am
sammycooke wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:58 am LETTER FROM A BAR GIRL

Dear FunFlyer

I love you and I miss you too much. My friend bar say you old man look same same monkey but I know you hansum man. I have problem I write you before that buffalo me sick. Now it die fall down and dead in middle of rice field. Bad fortune when it fall it fall on papa and break leg he three place. Now he not work. Brother me make stretcher bamboo he take from roof house. Roof come down and rain in house. He take papa to hospital on motorcycle. Have big accident when he come home hit police car. Police say brother me blame. Police say he pay big money. Not worry darling motorcycle OK but police car bad broken. Bad luck make Mama heart problem. Doctor say she must triple by pass. I no understand but brother me say you understand.

You know darling I only work in bar and not go with man. I wait for you come back Hua Hin but if you no help me I go with many many many many farang get pay bills money.

Old people my village say you responsible if you send money me before buy medicine sick buffalo then it not die papa no break leg house have roof brother no ride into police car mama no have heart problem.

Send me 500,000 baht for my bank. Papa fix 50,000, new roof 30,000, new police car 200,000, Mama fix 150,000. I take off 2,000 baht for sell buffalo meat but me have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have problem eat contaminated meat 12,000 baht. I do not know money England but my brother me say me it 52.2424 mid market rate close of trading yesterday. This means you send me 10,000 your pound.

I love you darling

Noi.
Did you copy that?
Ya, that's a pretty famous letter. It's easy to find but I don't know who wrote it so I didn't give it any thought to give the source. Classic though eh?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Funflyer wrote:So far so good. We talk and message every day. There have been no requests for extra money. While she was was working she'd often message me from the bar as well. Completely on her own decision she's now returned home so isn't working in a bar, for the time being at least. I will visit soon and we will review the situation to see what the next few months will look like.
I’m really happy for you! This sounds so promising :) let us know when you’re in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Wife is the most expensive prostitute, my older friends are saying.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Funflyer wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:09 pm (1)So far so good. We talk and message every day.

(2)There have been no requests for extra money.

(3)While she was was working she'd often message me from the bar as well.

(4)Completely on her own decision she's now returned home so isn't working in a bar, for the time being at least.

(5)I will visit soon and we will review the situation to see what the next few months will look like.
I could accept your premise that you have found “the one” but it is statistically unlikely. I invite you to consider the following breakdown of your post.

(1) gotta keep that contact going, just in case.

(2) then where is she getting her money from. As per point (4) you say she isn’t working in a bar right now. One of her other “leads” is probably sending her money.

(3) when there were no customers she is just keeping the leads she has already made alive.

(4) interesting you added “ for the time being” .. has she explicitly stated that she is not working and thus needs money to stop her from going back to the bar? Maybe her other customers aren’t sending her enough or she angling for a bit more.

(5) and if she’s suddenly using a new phone I would be making an excuse to borrow it and check her message history.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I understand people being skeptical about this, but there's also another side, the girl. It's interesting she's being seen as a 'homo economicus' without any feelings, just trying to maximize profit.

A girl I know was taken out of a bar about 9 months ago. The man took her with him to the province but and she really tries to commit to him, but she's really hurt when he comes up with the 'you can take a girl out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the girl' statement whenever she wants to go somewhere by herself. His jealousy and distrust sometimes drives her crazy.
That's the other side of this coin.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:24 am Wife is the most expensive prostitute, my older friends are saying.
All of my kids mothers were / are prostitutes , including my 2 young cambrodian kids
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Ya and there's the guys who show no respect for the girl. Use abuse and move on. Some of these idiots deserve what they get. Some are just looking for love.

I'm no Saint, and I've picked up pay for play, but at least I was kind, respectful and would tip. Not saying that deserves much but I can imagine what stories these girls could tell.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic