ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

American Michael Patrick Strahan from Louisiana gives public apology for grooming an underage student of his in Cambodia, and also claims it was a "setup."

If you're not familiar with Michael Strahan, he's a very flamboyant gay teacher who's quite popular on social media. He goes out of his way to make sure everyone around him, including all his students at ACE, know that his sexual orientation is gay (only mentioned here because it's his mission to let the whole world know), and one of his students from a few years ago recently posted screenshots of Michael flirting with him, even telling the boy that he'd give him money if he dated him, or even if he just hooked up with Michael. Even after the student tells him he's underage, 'Teacher Michael in Cambodia' tells him, "Let me know when you're 18, cute boy." He also tells the underage student, "I'm kind of crushing on you, but I'll wait til you're 18."

ImageImage

In Michael's apology video, that he's since deleted, he says he had a running joke with the student that he'd take him to Blue Chili Bar (Well-known gay bar in Phnom Penh) for a drag show when he turned 18, and that he usually calls his female students 'lovely ladies' and his male students 'cute boys' because of the generation he grew up in.

On Michael Strahan's LinkedIn profile he says he currently works for ACE/IDP Education Ltd as an Academic Coordinator and English Teacher. (Profile also says "Academic Coordinator over 6 campuses in Cambodia, IELTS Lecturer, Former IELTS Examiner, EFL Teacher in Asia since 2007")

Michael came up on another discussion ( “Minor attracted persons” coming for your kids soon. ) where people were debating if teachers are actually out there in mass grooming children, but we think he deserves a topic all on his own.

Michael Strahan appears to have also worked in Vietnam as an English teacher as well.

Here are the messages he sent to his underage student:

ImageImageImageImage

And you can see his 'apology' videos in the comments here on Facebook:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by CaptainCanuck »

I wonder if any of the apologists and defenders of this cretin will step forward and admit that perhaps they were hasty is making personal attacks on those who without reservation called out this individual .... Hahaha .... Might as well wish for a pony while I'm daydreaming .... ;-)
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by rozzieoz »

Wow, how inappropriate!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Anyone else remember when male teachers wore suits and ties?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

The publication of the chats raises some questions. Going through them briefly it loos like it's one long chat, but it isn't. If you look at the time stamps in the chats you can see the screenshots are from chats they had in April 2018, February 2019 and April 2021.

If during any of these times he was the teacher of this boy, he should be fired. Teachers are not in a position to flirt with their students, ever.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

...he usually calls his female students 'lovely ladies' and his male students 'cute boys' because of the generation he grew up in.
What generation was that? Bullshit.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Chad Sexington wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 pm Anyone else remember when male teachers wore suits and ties?
I can't.... Did my time in highschool during the late 80's and early 90's.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:41 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 pm Anyone else remember when male teachers wore suits and ties?
I can't.... Did my time in highschool during the late 80's and early 90's.
I finished school in 1980, male teachers and students wore collar and tie, the only teachers I recall, who didn’t wear a collar and tie, were those who taught physical education.
I’ll bet none of your teachers wore clown costumes while educating you.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Can't say I do. Going to school in Kenya, students wore school uniforms, but no ties. and teachers certainly did not wear suits and ties.
CambodianSteve
Tourist
Angola

Post by CambodianSteve »

Please share this to Facebook. It deserves more attention and will likely get more traction there. It’s a really shocking story and I think people should see it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic