ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by lostjeremy »

US Embassy regretting inviting this clown now?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4532720718

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Phnom Pen Company wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:28 am I mean, he openly admitted to sending those messages to a minor,...
I don't think that's the issue. Age of consent in Cambodia is 15 years old, and at the time the boy was 16 or 17.

I think the issue is the fact they had a teacher - student relationship.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

WillieW wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:31 pm The distinction? Secondary school age they should be able to know whats going on if a pervert teacher tries anything on them. I dont ever hate on anyone just so long as they behave themselves.
In your perfect world only the gay teachers will try 'anything' on the kids, right.

During my career in high school management (3 years) I have handled two cases of inappropriate (sexual) behavior of a teacher with a student. Once a lady in her late fifties, once a young man in his early twenties, and both times it was a 'straight' affair.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:12 am
WillieW wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:31 pm The distinction? Secondary school age they should be able to know whats going on if a pervert teacher tries anything on them. I dont ever hate on anyone just so long as they behave themselves.
In your perfect world only the gay teachers will try 'anything' on the kids, right.

During my career in high school management (3 years) I have handled two cases of inappropriate (sexual) behavior of a teacher with a student. Once a lady in her late fifties, once a young man in his early twenties, and both times it was a 'straight' affair.
Sooooo .... 3 years is a career now ?? Oh but I digress ... best I leave being pedantic to you. (thanks to Big D for teaching me a new word) :salut:

You seem awfully agitated by any discussion of this man or his actions ..... no mater who the poster is, you seem determined to pick fly shit from the pepper !!

1) Are you just being argumentative for arguments sake, albeit determined to simply derail any conversation about it?

2) Are you actually concerned that this cretin & his despicable behavior is seeing the light of day? And in your lack of genuine rebuttal you focus on the minutiae of a posters wording ?

3) Are you simply an obnoxiously annoying pedantic ?

Either way, you seem a bit unhinged about all this.

If I might be so bold as to offer some advice Kammy old boy ..... Step back and take a deep breath; Query the attending nurse and check if your meds have been fully dispensed today; And lastly, get one of the adults on the ward to proofread your next series of posts to check for even a modicum of rationality before you hit send ..... Just sayin’ ...... :chin:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:38 pm

Sooooo .... 3 years is a career now ?? Oh but I digress ... best I leave being pedantic to you. (thanks to Big D for teaching me a new word) :salut:

You seem awfully agitated by any discussion of this man or his actions ..... no mater who the poster is, you seem determined to pick fly shit from the pepper !!

1) Are you just being argumentative for arguments sake, albeit determined to simply derail any conversation about it?

2) Are you actually concerned that this cretin & his despicable behavior is seeing the light of day? And in your lack of genuine rebuttal you focus on the minutiae of a posters wording ?

If I might be so bold as to offer some advice Kammy old boy ..... Step back and take a deep breath; Query the attending nurse and check if your meds have been fully dispensed today; And lastly, get one of the adults on the ward to proofread your next series of posts to check for even a modicum of rationality before you hit send ..... Just sayin’ ...... :chin:
There we go, hitting the player instead of the ball.
NotYourUncle
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by NotYourUncle »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:38 pm

I wonder why his 'career' was so short? Cut short perhaps?
Maybe he's dealing with a personal pain that still gets to him.

His replies leave a lot to wonder about....
pronouns- it/that
as quite obviously, I identify as a f***ing watermelon
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Wtf with the last few posts?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
NotYourUncle
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by NotYourUncle »

violet wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:13 pm Wtf with the last few posts?
Last few posts collectively? Or left by Mr.Kam?
pronouns- it/that
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I take umbrage with posts directed at a regular poster that seem to be implying something unsavoury about the poster’s character. Pull your heads in
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
NotYourUncle
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by NotYourUncle »

violet wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:52 pm I take umbrage with posts directed at a regular poster that seem to be implying something unsavoury about the poster’s character. Pull your heads in
Fair enough, but 90% of his posts in this thread have been absolute BS, many of which almost sympathise with a guy who admitted to grooming his students.

I'll wind my neck in when you grow a brain
pronouns- it/that
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic