ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by Freightdog »

BklynBoy wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:39 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:53 am Some of the greatest generation were still working while I was growing up. Boys were addressed as masters and girls as mistress. I grew up addressing men as ‘sir’ and women as ‘ma ‘ am’.

Male teachers wore knit ties, women dresses.

Grandfather wore a suit and tie everyday well into retirement.

No one cared if a teacher was gay or anything else, as long as he was professional in being a teacher.

A clear line being teachers don’t solicit students.
That sounds very naive. You saying back in the day people didn't care if someone was gay? THey had to be in the closet. No way was it accepted.
Indeed. In fact, it would have been a brave soul to be open about it back in my time. School could be unforgiving, not just for kids. Fortunately, the world has changed a little.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by mannanman »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:53 am Some of the greatest generation were still working while I was growing up. Boys were addressed as masters and girls as mistress. I grew up addressing men as ‘sir’ and women as ‘ma ‘ am’.

No one cared if a teacher was gay or anything else, as long as he was professional in being a teacher.

Ma’am as in jam or Ma’am as in arm?

My uncle was in the Met (flying squad) and he used to call his female boss “Ma’am” as in arm.
People of the world, spice up your life.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

When I was a kid, nobody ever would come out as gay. And even today I suspect a lot of people are still well in the closet. Statistically, there should be a lot more professional football and rugby players, politicians and other celebrities that are gay than the ones that have come out openly.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

danceintherain wrote:Image
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

While you all were arguing about the proper terms to call a homosexual, (actually fucking stupid, three pages of the shit) that fat pedo bastard fled to Malaysia.

But please do keep arguing, bump this into 50 pages, let's get this post to the number one result when you Google this dickheads name.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Hardly surprising he left. Anyone would, wouldn’t they?

He won’t get a reference to help him obtain work. He’s screwed
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

A gay man fleeing to Malaysia? Wouldn't be my first choice.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

epidemiks wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:36 am
The "risk committee" is management speak for the people who do the dirty work.

It's interesting to note that in one breath they accept these allegations are not proven yet they have still deemed the communication "entirely inappropriate", ergo 'unproven' is no obstacle for them to make a final determination, including the termination of employment for the teacher and possibly his career.

The simple accusation and a few screenshots are enough for the axe to fall. Who'd be a teacher?
Phnom Pen Company
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Phnom Pen Company »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:23 am

It's interesting to note that in one breath they accept these allegations are not proven yet they have still deemed the communication "entirely inappropriate", ergo 'unproven' is no obstacle for them to make a final determination, including the termination of employment for the teacher and possibly his career.

The simple accusation and a few screenshots are enough for the axe to fall. Who'd be a teacher?
I mean, he openly admitted to sending those messages to a minor,...
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Phnom Pen Company wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:28 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:23 am

I mean, he openly admitted to sending those messages to a minor,...
Indeed he did.

The "allegations" on social media is that the dude was grooming an underage student under his duty of care.

The "communications" exist, and the alleged groomer acknowledges they are real and that the words were typed by his own hand. The school's determination that those communications were entirely inappropriate seem entirely reasonable to me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic