ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:34 pm
John Bingham wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:10 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:02 pm I think the students actually liked him. Teachers are generally pretty boring types and I'm sure he stood out.
A lot of kids liked this guy too:

I like to distinguish how he looked from what he did. He might have been (or is?) an excellent teacher. I'd rather prefer an excellent funny dressed teacher over nonce with a suit and a tie.

The picture of him dressed up like a raved queer are not from the school website, by the way, but from his personal collection.

This one looks like it was taken at a school - and he's dressed like a clown who got their clothes from a charity store.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:30 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:02 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:48 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:41 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 pm Anyone else remember when male teachers wore suits and ties?
I can't.... Did my time in highschool during the late 80's and early 90's.
I finished school in 1980, male teachers and students wore collar and tie, the only teachers I recall, who didn’t wear a collar and tie, were those who taught physical education.
I’ll bet none of your teachers wore clown costumes while educating you.
No, it's clear this 'Micheal' created a culture for himself by dressing a certain style at work, and publishing photos of himself online. Pretty over the top, but harmless IMHO.

I think the students actually liked him. Teachers are generally pretty boring types and I'm sure he stood out.
Whenever someone mentions yet another dark cloud this degenerate has erected over himself, you seem to find the silver lining .... Kudos to you for always seeing the good in people.
I don't know if he's a degenerate. Are you sure he was the boy's teacher at that time he was sending inappropriate messages to the boy?

I don't consider fancy dressing 'another dark cloud'. What he apparently did (sexting a student) and how he looks are two different things for me, unrelated. I've seen excellent flamboyant looking teachers and I've seen incredibly bad well dressed teachers. In the classroom what you wear doesn't count, what counts if how effective you are in teaching. Some teachers have a very flamboyant style, also expressed in how they look. That is itself doesn't disqualify someone as a teacher.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:41 pm

This one looks like it was taken at a school - and he's dressed like a clown who got their clothes from a charity store.
That doesn't disqualify him as a teacher for me. And apparently so thinks the principle next to him.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:00 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:31 pm not sure how i would respond if i saw this teachers photo and my daughter had told me this was her teacher
Better your daughter than your son.
The word 'queer' used in the other thread, and used by this guy, can not be replaced with 'gay'. A daughter is not perse safe with 'queer' men.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:50 pm Are you sure he was the boy's teacher at that time he was sending inappropriate messages to the boy?
He admits as much in his apology video.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:10 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:02 pm I think the students actually liked him. Teachers are generally pretty boring types and I'm sure he stood out.
A lot of kids liked this guy too:

and this one.

Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:56 pm
John Bingham wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:41 pm

That doesn't disqualify him as a teacher for me. And apparently so thinks the principle next to him.
The principal of the school should dress more professionally. If it's a special occasion, I would understand.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

He's a nonce. Case closed.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:58 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:31 pm not sure how i would respond if i saw this teachers photo and my daughter had told me this was her teacher
The word 'queer' used in the other thread, and used by this guy, can not be replaced with 'gay'. A daughter is not perse safe with 'queer' men.
The word queer used to mean weird or different. Now it is connatively used to mean homosexual. Likewise, the word punk has gone through cycles of meaning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:44 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:58 pm
The word queer used to mean weird or different. Now it is connatively used to mean homosexual. Likewise, the word punk has gone through cycles of meaning.
As has nonce. It’s current (slang) familiar usage bears no relation with its former meaning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic