ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by Khmu Nation »

I don't want my son taught by gays.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:35 am
Kammekor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:28 am Yes, the fact he was fired was a just move.
But the fact he's now branded as a full blown pedophile, possibly spreading HIV to his students on purpose, is not right, IMHO.

And about you teaching adults, I would fire you too if you dated/texted with one of your adult students. It's the fact you're in a teacher-student relationship with that person what makes it wrong. It's wrong no matter the age of the student.
But if you dated one student that would be no reason for an online hate campaign effectively destroying your whole life.
We may have to agree to disagree here. This incident is an indicator of previous and potential future behavior from this person. I can understand why schools would avoid hiring such a person.

Has his HIV+ status been confirmed? I do not want to spread false rumors.
One anonymous one time poster claimed it.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:03 am
Kammekor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:28 am Yes, the fact he was fired was a just move.
But the fact he's now branded as a full blown pedophile, possibly spreading HIV to his students on purpose, is not right, IMHO.

And about you teaching adults, I would fire you too if you dated/texted with one of your adult students. It's the fact you're in a teacher-student relationship with that person what makes it wrong. It's wrong no matter the age of the student.
But if you dated one student that would be no reason for an online hate campaign effectively destroying your whole life.
We may have to agree to disagree here. This incident is an indicator of previous and potential future behavior from this person. I can understand why schools would avoid hiring such a person.

Correct. That is why I asked.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:59 am I don't want my son taught by gays.
Care to elaborate?

Many teachers are gay but have the sense and the wisdom to keep their private and professional lives completely separate. There is every possibility your son has been / is being taught by 'gays' and you'd never know.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:05 am
Kammekor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:03 am

Correct. That is why I asked.
Some took it for granted.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Your attitude might harm your son, you know?

Here's a true story.

My niece back home has a friend, Yuri, and he's queer. That's the word he uses. Queer as in, 'not straight'. He's kind of trying to find out what he is. Gay? Bisexual? From what I hear it's quite a struggle for him.

His father has the same attitude towards gays as you express here, for sure doesn't want gay teachers to teach his son, or even near his son. He actually despises gay people, not saying you do, but Yuri's father does.

It makes the boy's life rather difficult. And dad's life too. They're living on different planets under the same roof.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I probably would not want my son to be educated by people that meet your approval, as it seems that the values that you hold dear are rather repugnant, and I would not want him to learn intolerance and bigotry.
Would you care to let the readership know which establishment has hiring practices that meet your exacting standards?
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

xandreu wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:09 am
Care to elaborate?

Many teachers are gay but have the sense and the wisdom to keep their private and professional lives completely separate. There is every possibility your son has been / is being taught by 'gays' and you'd never know.
Perhaps I should rephrase the statement then. I have no issue over any sexual preference (aside from pedophiles) provided that sexual preference isn't worn on one's sleeve.

Like I wouldn't want my daughter, or son for that matter, taught by a woman flaunting her sexuality in sexy clothes I don't want my son taught be a total queen.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:17 am
Your attitude might harm your son, you know?
How?

Here's another true story.

My son was at an international school where almost all of the male teaching staff are gay Filipinos. By that I mean full on queens walking around campus arm in arm with one another tittering and camping it up

Last year my son sat through a week of gay lectures for Pride Week at his school. (Yeah the gays have given themselves a week.) They also had to do a performance , while waving the LGBTQ rainbow flag about.

I didn't kick off but this didn't sit right with me the same way if they had Communist Week or Neo Nazi Week or even just Heterosexual Sex Week.

I don't have a problem with homosexuals and should my son turn out to be gay I will love him just as much as I do now, which is unconditionally.

But I don't think gayness should be promoted as something desirable and cool to a six year old boy.

I also think teachers should leave thier sexuality and political stance at home.

Therefore I don't want my son taught by gays. Or anyone else with an agenda beyond education.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

What about vegan teachers?

Waving Tofu around for a week.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic