ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by Darkcel »

I wonder if Teacher Michael Strahan in Cambodia was taking HIV medication to suppress the virus? Or was he openly teaching and exposing children? Does ACE know about this? Was he not getting his health screening at the ministry?
phnompenhsteve
Expatriate
Canada

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by phnompenhsteve »

You don't expose people to HIV by being around them. That's now how the HIV virus works?
Secondly..most foreigners dont'get a health screening for the work permit. You pay extra to an agent and you don't need to submit the health document.
Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:34 pm I wonder if Teacher Michael Strahan in Cambodia was taking HIV medication to suppress the virus? Or was he openly teaching and exposing children? Does ACE know about this? Was he not getting his health screening at the ministry?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phnompenhsteve wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:34 pm You don't expose people to HIV by being around them. That's now how the HIV virus works?
Secondly..most foreigners dont'get a health screening for the work permit. You pay extra to an agent and you don't need to submit the health document.
Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:34 pm I wonder if Teacher Michael Strahan in Cambodia was taking HIV medication to suppress the virus? Or was he openly teaching and exposing children? Does ACE know about this? Was he not getting his health screening at the ministry?
That might change.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

phnompenhsteve wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:34 pm You don't expose people to HIV by being around them. That's now how the HIV virus works?
You're assuming a confirmed pedophile isn't having relations with his students.

And you do get a health screening if you're getting a work permit legitimately, hopefully one day the proper ministry looks into the corruption and back dates all the expats who did the "agent workaround" because what you just said is very worrying and I only assumed barflies did that method, not people with actual employment.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:55 pm
That might change.
If the authorities cotton on to the fact that this degenerate freak was knowingly HIV+, and that an agent enabled him to bypass the ministry screening, in order to be able to work with/access children, they might just clamp down and actually enforce the screening process.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Bad_To_Worse wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:48 am If you have had sexual relations with him - whether you are of age or under it - get yourself tested.
Both physically and mentally.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:09 pm And you do get a health screening if you're getting a work permit legitimately, hopefully one day the proper ministry looks into the corruption and back dates all the expats who did the "agent workaround" because what you just said is very worrying and I only assumed barflies did that method, not people with actual employment.
:ROFL:
phnompenhsteve
Expatriate
Canada

Post by phnompenhsteve »

It might, but talking about Michael, what counts is how the system has been done up until now.
Doc67 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:55 pm
That might change.
phnompenhsteve
Expatriate
Canada

Post by phnompenhsteve »

Yes, if you do it the proper route, but I don't know a single expat that has.
I tried once and it was confusing. Kept getting told different things, found the right building, the staff there didn't seem to know what to do so eventually I gave up and just paid an agent. If they had it set up properly than people would do it the right way.
Cambodians are also supposed to get a medical checkup but most don't. The aren't going to backdate 10 million + workers.
The health screening can also be used to discriminate. Refuse you a work permit becasue you have HIV or are overweight, even though that isn't applicable for most jobs.
Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:09 pm

And you do get a health screening if you're getting a work permit legitimately, hopefully one day the proper ministry looks into the corruption and back dates all the expats who did the "agent workaround" because what you just said is very worrying and I only assumed barflies did that method, not people with actual employment.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

phnompenhsteve wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:10 pm Yes, if you do it the proper route, but I don't know a single expat that has.
I tried once and it was confusing. Kept getting told different things, found the right building, the staff there didn't seem to know what to do so eventually I gave up and just paid an agent. If they had it set up properly than people would do it the right way.
Cambodians are also supposed to get a medical checkup but most don't. The aren't going to backdate 10 million + workers.
The health screening can also be used to discriminate. Refuse you a work permit becasue you have HIV or are overweight, even though that isn't applicable for most jobs.
Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:09 pm

I know many teachers who have done it the correct way, and another group of many who, at least at the time, did it via an agent that bypassed the proper physical.

I managed to navigate the correct path on my own. It’s not too hard
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic