What's the most you can deposit in ABA?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

What's the most you can deposit in ABA?

Post by rozzieoz »

Someone asked me this and it's a problem I've never needed to know about, so I offered to ask you smart chaps.

What is the largest amount you can deposit into the ABA?
Is there a limit?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: What's the most you can deposit in ABA?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:01 pm Someone asked me this and it's a problem I've never needed to know about, so I offered to ask you smart chaps.

What is the largest amount you can deposit into the ABA?
Is there a limit?
There's no limit, however for reasonably large amounts (six figures upwards) the bank may seek documentation to ensure that AML regulations are adhered to - checking source of funds etc
Lawrenceaus
Tourist
Australia

Post by Lawrenceaus »

If you use the Aba usd deposit atm, it’s 10k limit per transaction.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Yes refering to the above, was in the ABA in Kampong Cham, actually being served at the counter has I was kindly asked to take a seat for a minute or two. The staff called up another guy, Khmer, he started to count the money he was depositing, $375,000, the manager came to ask where the money came from! The sale of my Moto.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I don't know if this applies to Cambodia but I had a friend who worked in a UK bank for many years and they said it's not so much the one-off large deposits which raises alarms - most people come into some kind of large one-off fortunes at various times in their lives. It's the regular smaller deposits that don't appear to have any valid sources that will raise alarms a lot more.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic