Everything's gonna be all white

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Everything's gonna be all white

Post by phuketrichard »

my sister told me to watch this one

but after reading, https://www.rt.com/pop-culture/549155-e ... all-white/
going to watch with a grain of salt
It is common nowadays to hear some activist or idiot talking head on TV declare that “we need to have an honest discussion about race.” What that usually means is, “you need to shut up and agree with everything I say or you’re a racist.”

I find the best guide to judge whether what someone says about race is to be taken seriously or not is to ask, “if you reversed the races in question, would it be an acceptable thing to say?”

‘Everything is Gonna Be All White’, the new three-part docu-series by Sacha Jenkins on Showtime, is remarkable because it both wants you to shut up and agree with everything it says or you’re a racist, and also spectacularly fails the simple ‘reverse the races’ question.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Everything's gonna be all white

Post by Username Taken »

“we need to have an honest discussion about race.”

Why? Anyone who feels the need to say that, is most likely the one with the problem.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

It’s a well known fact, that the demand for racism far exceeds the supply.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Mocking and insulting the majority group makes everything better.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I'm certainly happy to be white, and unashamedly so.

Loathing your own race, as seems to be in fashion among woke white people (particularly in the US) nowadays, just isn't healthy.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Alex wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:00 pm I'm certainly happy to be white, and unashamedly so.

Loathing your own race, as seems to be in fashion among woke white people (particularly in the US) nowadays, just isn't healthy.
Some data on that:
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... te-saviors

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Alex wrote:I'm certainly happy to be white, and unashamedly so.

Woke is pushed hard by the US Department of Education. Semester lesson plans, complete with daily lessons, homework, scripted discussions, available for every level.

Schools are deluged with the magical appearance of large numbers of students. Some are teaching them in mobile houses on the school campus. More importantly, they are scrambling for teachers to teach them all. Anyone with a pulse is teaching,

But Teaching reading, writing, arithmetic, and critical thinking is hard, and requires skill. Teaching woke, is easy, since it’s a follow the script cookbook.

In 30 years, these kids will be society’s leaders.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Chad Sexington wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:36 pm It’s a well known fact, that the demand for racism far exceeds the supply.
Some evidence for that.
https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... against-a/
The FBI’s counterterrorism investigations targeting suspected White supremacists and right-wing extremists are mostly “entrapment” operations, a former agent involved in those cases told The Washington Times.
“No. 1, the demand for White supremacy vastly outstrips the supply of White supremacy. No. 2, the FBI’s playbook when it comes to counterterrorism investigations is always and unequivocally morally equivalent to entrapment, even if there’s a legal definition that allows them to skirt that.” Mr. Seraphin said.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

I am categorically yellow but I hate the color yellow why not they call me beige I like beige, beige is nice. Yellow is sickly.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

yong wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:45 am I am categorically yellow but I hate the color yellow why not they call me beige I like beige, beige is nice. Yellow is sickly.
But beige is basically "real white" ? (well, for the pinkish part mostly)
https://www.google.com/search?q=couleur ... =626&dpr=1
Sorry that we seem to have to own everything, but this one seems closer to reality. Are we gonna merge whites and yellows now ?
Spoiler:
Like i did with my family :hattip:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic