Thank you CEO

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Captain Steve Rogers
Expatriate
United States of America

Thank you CEO

Post by Captain Steve Rogers »

As I first started writing in this forum I felt welcomed as my ideas were a reflection of what I been through here in Cambodia. I guess not a lot of people agreed with my principles and that is completely fine, I understand all of us have different opinions. I want to tell those people that dislike me that I have nothing against you and it seems that this forum without me will do good. I want to thank everybody for giving me the opportunity to express myself positively and negatively. I bid you all farewell for attempting to hear me out if one day I encounter any of you I'll have a beer why not! in the meantime carry on my fellow expats stay safe :hattip: - Captain Steve Rogers
"HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE".
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thank you CEO

Post by beaker »

:popcorn:
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Captain Steve Rogers wrote:I bid you all farewell...
Truly appreciated. :assassin:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I've got dibs on three hours.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Playboy
Lord Gayboy
Great Britain

Post by Playboy »

Well he had better not think about coming back to Khmer440

#FuckersNotWelcome
Actively seeking Thai Ladyboys to sexually dominate me. Please inquire within.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i think showing trolls the error of their ways infinitely preferably to the crude ban hammer.

Craft work like this does take wit and a little familiarity with a limited pallete of personality disorders.

Mostly they are cut from a similar cloth- like pedos - usually victims themselves as kids.

These disorders are extremely difficult if not impossible to treat due to the complete lack of empathy in the subject.

If you take the time to read a little on narcissitic personality disorder (NPD) you will experience a shock- because you will immediately recognise that people you know well suffer from this disorder.

Most trolls are NPD sufferers - head doctors have some subdivs in classification of the disorder.

As we have seen here, even kindness and logic only produce prevarication and evasion by the subject.

Again, this is due to the absence of empathy in the psyche.

While it can be entertaining to engage with these people, when you know their very limited repertoire does not actually allow them to realise you are trolling them back - it is not all that.

Thus exchanges of some length can be elicited merely by monkey wrenching their disorder slightly.

In the end, they always melt down in a tantramic and infantile fit.

They are quite good at selling; ideas, goods, services. They are glib, and some subdivs can be excellent chameleons socially.
You find them a lot in lower management in top down large institutions- corporals in the army for example though some can go higher.

Mostly though despite their facility with language, they are median IQ or slightly below.

jebus i am glad i am not cray cray. might have been when young. me no suuuure.
Last edited by frank lee bent on Sun May 31, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

While it can be entertaining to engage with these people when you know their very limited repertoire does not actually allow them to realise you are trolling them back.
Agree with Frank. Unfortunately baiting trolls is no fun if we have to face the fact that they are just mentally perturbed individuals with issues. And there lies the quandry - what is the difference between a troll and a social misfit with issues? I like to throw peanuts at trolls occasionally, but since, as you say, they tend to have a limited IQ and don't pick up the jokes, then it feels a bit like mocking the handicapped.
But sometimes they can be as annoying as f'k and do deserve/need a good slapdown. (For their own good of course. Ha.)

Ok, next please. :stir:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Anchor Moy wrote:I like to throw peanuts at trolls occasionally, but since, as you say, they tend to have a limited IQ and don't pick up the jokes, then it feels a bit like mocking the handicapped.
I have to be honest, I realised yesterday that this was the case and on reflection felt a little sickened by my contribution.

Yes, GenMac, you were right (but you were still a dick about it :) )
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

At minimum it is a useful example of how to deal with these creatures from the swamp more swiftly in future, though I highly doubt future ones will be such cack handed losers at leaving elephant size trails that glare so prominently.

their buttons are so so obvious.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic